`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Opinions on becketts supercollector

RE: Opinions on becketts supercollector
to me a "super collection" doesnt have to be alot of cards of 1 player. It can be just a handful of very unique cards, maybe super rare autographs of someone passed on, like the late al davis or babe ruth. If could be a few rookies that are extremely high dollar market wise that cant be found for under a few grand. A collection of even just 5 or 10 NFL shield logo's to me would be a cool super collection.There are many things that can be defined of what a super collection is, it all depends on what your definition of it is.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

To tell you the truth I think people know what a super collection is just by seeing it. When you look at what cards are in the collection you gain an opinion right away. I also dont think the numbers matter all that much but the difficulty of what you are trying to collect surely does. 500 base cards is pretty easy to obtain of Marino but 10 true 1/1s of Marino is almost impossible.

If you have a collection that is difficult to duplicate then its a Super Collection. If someone can duplicate your collection easily then its not that unique and lacks that certain degree of difficulty in which I feel is needed to be considered a super collection.

I feel my Dan Marino, Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor collections are Super Collections. No way could one person duplicate my collection in 2 to 3 years even if they had an unlimited amount of money. Having a lot of cash helps no doubt but its about the daily search from multiple sources to find that new gem to add to the PC. It seems that the hardest cards to find are the low end cards anyways so to say you cant be a super collector without having a ton of dough is a bit of a stretch.

BTW chads-cards I consider your Colbert PC a super collection for whatever my opinion is worth to you. No one can duplicate it in 6-12 months IMO. Therefore you have the difficulty level I was referring to earlier.

Does this make sense?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Thanks for the post...and thanks for your opinion of my PC. Like most of us crazy player collectors I will never feel my collection is done...and if it was then that would be a very sad day...I could sort through my collection and probably find enough cards or marino,emmitt,rice,aikman, and the rest or those stars form the 90's to form a very nice collection...but im my mind I feel they are just a small percentage of my hoard and I dont want to have to compete with all the other star player collections. Btw bakerman I probably have some marino you could use. Ik marinoisking is on my list of people who need my list of marinos. But thats besides the point. All im trying to say is just as bakerman said its not that easy to get all those commons. yeah they are inexpensive but its finding them thats the hard part...like in my case its hard finding keary colbert topps total cards. yeah they are worthless....thats why nobody cares to list them anywhere. New idea though...I want to start another player collection...but idk who of...I want it to be inexpensive and dont want them to have a crazy amount of cards. Im thinking a defensive player form the last few years. LMK what anyone thinks
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I have a lot of trouble finding Topps Total cards as well for ZT and JT and it drives me crazy.

What is your favorite team(s)?

What is you favorite defensive position(s) on the field?

Do you want it to be a retired player, an established pro or a new guy just out of college within the past 3 seasons?

Answer those questions honestly and you will come up with a player or two.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

yeah well im from pittsburgh...and the only guys who id want to start is pouncey or ziggy hood. pouncey will be too expensive and ik of people already collecting him...timmons auto is soooo bad so I wouldnt wanna do that...and lammar woodley is getting higher in price. some of the other guys i like have nothing

What about a retired Steeler?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-12-2011, 01:30 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: What about a retired Steeler?
yeah possibly. but there are so many people who collect old steelers...I just checked and a guy I had in mind was ike taylor....he only has 50 some cards...but that would be too fun because I think they are all base. I dont want this to be an expensive endeavor.

(10-11-2011, 01:46 AM)chads-cards Wrote: I was just going through some older becketts and of course looked back at the "super collector" section...I was just wondering what you think the qualifications should be to get in there...I raise this question because the one collection was not that impressive. IM not going to name which one it was but it didnt involve this sport and there main attribute was just having a bunch of the same card...thats cool and all but they didnt have a big variety. Which thats what I think it should be about...I feel it should be about who has the highest percentage of either one section of a player...like say you have every dan marino base card...which is probably in the thousands...that to me would be an accomplishment. Or maybe you go after all the true rookies of a player...or in my case go after every card that isnt a 1/1. Becuase thats just impossible in my opinion. I think there are too many collections that get praised that shouldnt...Like ive seen some incredible collections of people who post here and ive never seen them in the mag and they should be!
I think dan has 6000+ I didnt do the math bc I really dont do the multi card thing unless its just sweet or an auto lol

I dont have a super collection of anything....yet. lol

I have a TON of Marino...Ton of Manning...and my Alstott numbers are up there...as far Brian Hartline...the number of cards I have isnt super impressive...but the percentage is really high

But the top 2 of those guys ( marino and manning) just the insane prices on their cards...and the sheer number of people that chase them...and even people that dont collect them always want a few nice cards of them....I think being deemed a supercollector should almost be prorated.

(10-12-2011, 01:35 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: I think dan has 6000+ I didnt do the math bc I really dont do the multi card thing unless its just sweet or an auto lol
dang I got a good start if I really wanted to...I think im around 2,000

What about Greg Lloyd? He was a good linebacker with a variety of cards and shouldn't cost too much. Or Kordell Stewart aka Slash? I always loved watching him play. He should have some cool cards out there including those mid 90s inserts and refractors. Yancey Thigpen was one heck of a receiver as well.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341