`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS COLLECTING ADDICTIVE?

RE: IS COLLECTING ADDICTIVE?
(09-28-2011, 10:02 PM)nuccionino Wrote: I agree, I can't not super collect. It is a feeling in this hobby that is more then a rush of opening a box.
When you have that one player you collect and have passion for thats a feeling a regualr collector can not feel. And in my case when you look on ebay and can go page after page knowing you have all those cards.

[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(09-28-2011, 10:12 PM)chads-cards Wrote: When you have that one player you collect and have passion for thats a feeling a regualr collector can not feel. And in my case when you look on ebay and can go page after page knowing you have all those cards.
Although it becomes a nuance to go through all those pages. Now I just check every hour or so under "newly listed" lol! Need my hourly fix
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(09-28-2011, 10:25 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Although it becomes a nuance to go through all those pages. Now I just check every hour or so under "newly listed" lol! Need my hourly fix
Id have to say i do that as well. But i also sometimes go thorugh and see if there is a nicer patch or auto i can use to replace one. I think im up to 70 or 75 of his 125 autos. which about 12 or 15 of those are 1/1's

I just check newly listed and very low-numbered stuff. I never understood why people pay a lot for easy to find new stuff for their PC's. A card that will sell for a buck or two in 2 months, people buy for 8 and 10. Patience is a virtue with me.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

(09-28-2011, 10:41 PM)nuccionino Wrote: I just check newly listed and very low-numbered stuff. I never understood why people pay a lot for easy to find new stuff for their PC's. A card that will sell for a buck or two in 2 months, people buy for 8 and 10. Patience is a virtue with me.
my savior has been checkoutmycards cards that are bin for $1 with 2 bucks shipping on ebay ive been getting for .25 and ive bought about 50 commons and inserts and checker jerseys/autos for around $50 and it would hhave cost me that in just shipping costs on bay

looks like we all need to join SCA= Sport Card Anonymous.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(09-28-2011, 10:44 PM)chads-cards Wrote: my savior has been checkoutmycards cards that are bin for $1 with 2 bucks shipping on ebay ive been getting for .25 and ive bought about 50 commons and inserts and checker jerseys/autos for around $50 and it would hhave cost me that in just shipping costs on bay
Ever seen sportlots.com? I think that is better. I bought a lot of like 35 base/inserts and got them for $10 shipped
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

(09-28-2011, 10:50 PM)nuccionino Wrote: Ever seen sportlots.com? I think that is better. I bought a lot of like 35 base/inserts and got them for $10 shipped
I just did ha and i have everything. Most of the stuff i need is a variation or numbered under 10

(09-28-2011, 10:41 PM)nuccionino Wrote: I just check newly listed and very low-numbered stuff. I never understood why people pay a lot for easy to find new stuff for their PC's. A card that will sell for a buck or two in 2 months, people buy for 8 and 10. Patience is a virtue with me.
That's why I usually go for the common/base/high print runs of my Quizz collection a few months later, but sometimes you never know. I have not seen another SAGE Autograph Gold #/200 Quizz since the 1 I let go because I thought, hey, there's 199 left, I'll get another one later. Its been months.....

[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(09-28-2011, 11:04 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: That's why I usually go for the common/base/high print runs of my Quizz collection a few months later, but sometimes you never know. I have not seen another SAGE Autograph Gold #/200 Quizz since the 1 I let go because I thought, hey, there's 199 left, I'll get another one later. Its been months.....
yeah my biggest regret is letting up a 2004 leaf certified materials emerald quad relic auto /5. it went for like $45 and that was just way too much for me. take into consideration the mostly ive spent on any card is $20. Id pay $60 for that card now though.