`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Additions to my Nolan Ryan PC (Scan Heavy)

New Additions to my Nolan Ryan PC (Scan Heavy)
I picked this up the other day for my PC and now that it is here, I thought I would share. I didn't know it when I bought the collection but the PRO 8.0 68 Topps is a Milton Bradley Variation. Now I need an O-Pee-Chee version, Venezuelan variation and a good way to display it.

[Image: 1968ToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]
[Image: 1969-71ToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]
[Image: 1972-74ToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]
[Image: 1975-77ToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]
[Image: 1978-80ToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]
[Image: 1981-86ToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]
[Image: 1987-92ToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]
[Image: 1993-94AutoToppsNolanRyanCollection.jpg]

RE: New Additions to my Nolan Ryan PC (Scan Heavy)
Holy cow that's quite a run. Very cool.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Yeah, it's nice. I wonder why I can't see all of the Ryan rookie that you think is a Milton Bradley version? Can you provide a scan of the back? From the looks of the front, it doesn't appear to be a MB Version. The MB Version has a strip of white along either the left or right border.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Wow, very nice, I seen your thread about the 68 FS and was hoping you would share the rest.

Good luck finding those other 68 variations.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

(09-17-2011, 09:31 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah, it's nice. I wonder why I can't see all of the Ryan rookie that you think is a Milton Bradley version? Can you provide a scan of the back? From the looks of the front, it doesn't appear to be a MB Version. The MB Version has a strip of white along either the left or right border.
I didn't even notice it was a MB version until I looked at the back and noticed it was a different color. At first I was worried, but when I looked on beckett it said the following, "These cards were included in a 1968 Milton Bradley Win-A-Card game. These cards, which are variations of some singles from the first two series, feature an "yellow" back rather than an orange back. These cards, along with some 1967 Topps Football cards and Topps Hot Rod cards were all part of the game. The key card in this set is a Nolan Ryan 'Rookie'". I will add scans of the back sometime today.

(09-17-2011, 09:31 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah, it's nice. I wonder why I can't see all of the Ryan rookie that you think is a Milton Bradley version? Can you provide a scan of the back? From the looks of the front, it doesn't appear to be a MB Version. The MB Version has a strip of white along either the left or right border.
Here are the backs.

[Image: NolanRyanMBBack.jpg]

Like I said earlier, it's really odd that there's no white strip along the left or right side. You're right about the back being yellow on a MB Version. Another tell-tale sign of a MB Version though is the white strip on the front of the card. It has to do with the way the cards were cut at the factory. I believe that the MB Version baseball cards were cut from MB Version football cards.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-17-2011, 09:31 AM)toddaray Wrote: Wow, very nice, I seen your thread about the 68 FS and was hoping you would share the rest.

Good luck finding those other 68 variations.
Thanks. I wish I could keep it, but I will still have the ungraded and BCCG 6. I already had everything from 1980 on, so the major selling point was the 69-79 cards.

I have to agree that while the back is different it is NOT a Milton Bradley IMO. They have a white strip as he said. It could simply be a case of a faded back. I am wondering if its trimmed.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(09-18-2011, 11:52 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I have to agree that while the back is different it is NOT a Milton Bradley IMO. They have a white strip as he said. It could simply be a case of a faded back. I am wondering if its trimmed.
I know it has been trimmed it said so in the auction. I am not sure where it was trimmed or how much. Its for my PC so I am fine with it. The worst part is I think whoever did it thought they were fixing it instead of ruining it. Too bad.