`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions needed about trade vs players hotness

RE: Opinions needed about trade vs players hotness
I personally don't think that is a very nice looking auto issue of his, however long term value I could see the jeter easily holding more value than tebow since a lot of tebows really would be dependent on his career where jeter could fizzle into total nothingness now (or further into?) and he will still be derek jeter
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(07-10-2011, 01:02 AM)shezdoni Wrote: As far as Jeter being a sure HOF'er, no, he is a mediocre player in my opinion, He's never won a batting title, nor has he ever been named regular season MVP, his stats really aren't worthy of being called HOF material.
Your kidding right Shez? Short of us finding out he used roids, Jeter is clean. Forget all the other stats. 3,000 hits is an automatic HOF ticket.

[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(07-10-2011, 06:57 AM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Your kidding right Shez? Short of us finding out he used roids, Jeter is clean. Forget all the other stats. 3,000 hits is an automatic HOF ticket.
I don't normally agree with shez but I do in this case. I think Jeter is a great player but I don't think he is HOF worthy (but I know he will still make it)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-10-2011, 01:18 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I don't normally agree with shez but I do in this case. I think Jeter is a great player but I don't think he is HOF worthy (but I know he will still make it)
I don't understand this crazy opinion. Stats speak for themselves. First Ballot HOF'er without a doubt. Plain and simple.....haters =/
[Image: banner.png]

*Mattingly PC Featured in BSCM Dec. 2011

Split Household

Yankees-Mattingly
NY Giants- Manning, Beckham, Cruz, Pierre-Paul

Rays- Kiermaier, Longoria, Souza
Cowboys - Aikman

(07-10-2011, 02:50 PM)bonemarro Wrote: I don't understand this crazy opinion. Stats speak for themselves. First Ballot HOF'er without a doubt. Plain and simple.....haters =/
Yes, stats do speak for themselves...Jeter had 1 season above .900 OPS
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Forget all the other stats.... 3,000 hits and the HOF doors swing open. Dont matter what else you did or didnt do, unless we bring up the recent drug issues, but Jeter is clean. 3,000 is one of the Golden Ticket #'s.
My Bucket

(07-10-2011, 03:12 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Forget all the other stats.... 3,000 hits and the HOF doors swing open. Dont matter what else you did or didnt do, unless we bring up the recent drug issues, but Jeter is clean. 3,000 is one of the Golden Ticket #'s.
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, you have to remember Jeter is the Steinbrenner family pet on the team, and they do have the money as well as the necessary pull to keep his name out of public view if he is or was on the list.

And your right, 3000 hits does open the door at the HOF, but their are other players who haven't been put in the HOF, that have had better stats than Jeter through out their careers.

Clearly though, you have to agree, without the 3000 hit milestone, Jeter has done nothing worthy of being recognized for the HOF Smile

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(07-10-2011, 06:14 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, you have to remember Jeter is the Steinbrenner family pet on the team, and they do have the money as well as the necessary pull to keep his name out of public view if he is or was on the list.

And your right, 3000 hits does open the door at the HOF, but their are other players who haven't been put in the HOF, that have had better stats than Jeter through out their careers.

Clearly though, you have to agree, without the 3000 hit milestone, Jeter has done nothing worthy of being recognized for the HOF Smile
Completely disagree.
[Image: banner.png]

*Mattingly PC Featured in BSCM Dec. 2011

Split Household

Yankees-Mattingly
NY Giants- Manning, Beckham, Cruz, Pierre-Paul

Rays- Kiermaier, Longoria, Souza
Cowboys - Aikman

(07-10-2011, 06:14 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, you have to remember Jeter is the Steinbrenner family pet on the team, and they do have the money as well as the necessary pull to keep his name out of public view if he is or was on the list.

Is there anyone who reached 3000 hits and didn't make it to the hall? I can't find one. Maybe someone else can enlighten me.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(07-12-2011, 02:36 PM)benner73 Wrote: Is there anyone who reached 3000 hits and didn't make it to the hall? I can't find one. Maybe someone else can enlighten me.

Pete Rose..... you can bet on it lol......
My Bucket