`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Mr Nittany 13, thanks for your kind words, I'm pleased that some of the fellow collectors like the post that try to fill the gaps on cards not yet included in the Price Guide.

Regarding the White Rose cards, I think because some years are listed, all years should be listed.
2004 Ultra Hummer (non Lucky 13) version being an example where no information could cause buyers to overpay on non True RC's and never be aware. For some of the years to be included but others ignored, it's inconsistent.
Press Pass using regular 2010 Prestige, 2009 Score cards, there is no need to list those, they is no difference in the cards. I assume there must be a memorabilia listing somewhere that says which players cards were with those cars, I don't think that needs to live in the football price guide.

Cardzillions, agreed, your suggestion of "Collector's Choice Cardzillions Minis" is an improvement on the price guide name. They are variants in picture framing, card sizing and card numbering of 1996 or 1997 Collector's Choice which was made by Upper Deck. Calling them Collector's Choice Cardzillions is more descriptive, I wish a few lines of explanation could at least be added to my old favorite, the paper Annual Price Guide book.
Yes, very 20th century but I love my book shelf of Annual Price Guides from the current #27 back to #12, printed when the rookie class were your Nittany Lions #1 overall Ki Jana Carter & #5 overall Kerry Collins. I still remember that draft day, we Jets fans went crazy when DT Warren Sapp was passed over for a 3rd Nittany Lion #9 overall pick TE Kyle Brady. Oh well, it's all history now.

The Score Premiere Club cards, WOW, Jets were unimpressive in that era so no teamsets, never seen one before. They are impressive cards.

Once again, thanks for your kind words Nittany13

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
I remember the premiere club cards. They were really rare. I busted a box of 49ers, and I remember the pack odds were pretty high. I got 4 platinum team cards in my box. I think the premier club ran one per 2 or 3 boxes. That stuff is impossible to find now.
Collecting Steve Young, 49ers, and Oklahoma State Cowboys.
[Image: 1995BD_PC_4starhoriz_small.jpg]

(05-14-2011, 05:40 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Mr Nittany 13, thanks for your kind words, I'm pleased that some of the fellow collectors like the post that try to fill the gaps on cards not yet included in the Price Guide.

Regarding the White Rose cards, I think because some years are listed, all years should be listed.
2004 Ultra Hummer (non Lucky 13) version being an example where no information could cause buyers to overpay on non True RC's and never be aware. For some of the years to be included but others ignored, it's inconsistent.
Press Pass using regular 2010 Prestige, 2009 Score cards, there is no need to list those, they is no difference in the cards. I assume there must be a memorabilia listing somewhere that says which players cards were with those cars, I don't think that needs to live in the football price guide.

Cardzillions, agreed, your suggestion of "Collector's Choice Cardzillions Minis" is an improvement on the price guide name. They are variants in picture framing, card sizing and card numbering of 1996 or 1997 Collector's Choice which was made by Upper Deck. Calling them Collector's Choice Cardzillions is more descriptive, I wish a few lines of explanation could at least be added to my old favorite, the paper Annual Price Guide book.
Yes, very 20th century but I love my book shelf of Annual Price Guides from the current #27 back to #12, printed when the rookie class were your Nittany Lions #1 overall Ki Jana Carter & #5 overall Kerry Collins. I still remember that draft day, we Jets fans went crazy when DT Warren Sapp was passed over for a 3rd Nittany Lion #9 overall pick TE Kyle Brady. Oh well, it's all history now.

The Score Premiere Club cards, WOW, Jets were unimpressive in that era so no teamsets, never seen one before. They are impressive cards.

Once again, thanks for your kind words Nittany13
You are very welcome. That 1995 class was the core of that 1994 undefeated team. It's a shame that Ki-Jana suffered a very severe leg injury during the preseason because he was never the same again - what could have been.

The Kyle Brady pick was not that terrible of a pick...compared to Blair Thomas anyway from years prior - ouch.

BTW you may want to check out my other thread about the 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions if you have not already.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(09-25-2009, 10:23 PM)nittany13 Wrote: I started a thread about these specific cards back in March but I cannot readily find it right now.

These were distributed at the 2002 National by Donruss/Playoff/Score (DPS) and are identical to the set releases from that year with the exception to the embossed stamp and the serial # to 5 which should be easily evident in the pictures. You can see these are from examples from the Playoff Prestige, Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes, Donruss Elite, and (oddly) Donruss Elite Aspirations. Thanks to Mo Tax Man I now also know that there is a Score version as well.

Personally I do not know if all the cards from these sets were even included in these parallel sets to begin with or if there are additional DPS sets that I do not know about that exist in this parallel form. That part I find confusing.
To complicate matters even further apparently some of the inserts from these sets were embossed/serial#d as well:

2003 Atlantic City National Promos 1/1

At the National show in Atlantic City the following year Donruss/Playoff/Score released another promo set, coincidentally that one is listed on the OPG (also #d to 5). However there is at least one parallel for each of those four base sets listed, all of which are 1/1 and I believe that these were not made just for the rookie cards either (Wayne Chrebet example).
As shown there is:
Score Final Score
[Image: BfLJg2kKGrHqMH-CEErvIme3bBLLqug9DQ_.jpg][Image: BfLMFBmkKGrHqIH-CgEreH6ihqSBLLq19EQ.jpg]
Donruss Elite Status
[Image: BfwWdWwBWkKGrHqEH-CcErfFL9T3CBLCfj8.jpg][Image: BfwWfpgWkKGrHqEH-D0ErfBGNw7-BLCfjin.jpg]
I have a score Final score 1/1 of Eddie George I think that was not listed either. For the longest time I thought it was fake. Thanks for proving it otherwise.:
[Image: img006.jpg]
[Image: img007.jpg]
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

2008 Score Select Inscriptions Tracy Porter Rookie Auto Numbered to 750, is not listed in price guide or organize
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(05-15-2011, 09:05 AM)Duchovny2 Wrote: 2008 Score Select Inscriptions Tracy Porter Rookie Auto Numbered to 750, is not listed in price guide or organize
Duchovny2 it's not "score select" in the opg it's only "Select" Here's the link bud.

http://www.beckett.com/search/#sport=185...scriptions
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(05-15-2011, 04:16 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I have a score Final score 1/1 of Eddie George I think that was not listed either. For the longest time I thought it was fake. Thanks for proving it otherwise.:
[Image: img006.jpg]
[Image: img007.jpg]
Since I made this post the 2003 Score Final Score Atlantic City Promos 1/1 have since been added in the OPG (although "Final Score" is not listed in the description). Your Eddie George is now listed therefore. Curiously the other Atlantic City Promo examples that I submitted are still not in the OPG.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Here's a nearly 20-year old certified auto of a HOFer that I don't think is listed: 1992 Pro Line Portraits Collectibles Autographs Joe Gibbs.

[Image: Gibbs92ProLineAuto.jpg]

Note the "Certified NFL Authentic" embossing and lack of a card number on the back. Beckett lists the unautographed version as PLC4 and four different cards in the Autographs set, but not this one.

I also have this: 2001 Fleer Autographics Redemption Reggie Wayne.

[Image: WayneAutographics.jpg]

There appears to be a copy of the exchanged autographed card on ebay right now also, but Beckett has neither version listed.

[Image: SSRubyCC.jpg]
[Image: SSRubyCCback.jpg]

1995 Excalibur 22k Sword and Stone Ruby. Has a Ruby piece in the card which I believe is a simulated Ruby. The Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond are listed, but the Ruby is not. The Ruby version is much thicker as well.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

1994 Classic Draft Dan Wilkinson Auto. Hand Numbered to /10000. Number FP4 on the back.
Joe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collecting Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Manny Machado and any other nice Orioles.