`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
(04-06-2011, 03:51 PM)flushdraw78 Wrote: Why, then, do some of the 2010 CYMTO original backs have "reprint" on the back and some don't? I've noticed the same trend in 2011 Topps and the 60 Years of Topps inserts.
And the copyright date is 2011 Right.

(03-31-2011, 05:26 PM)n301535 Wrote: Who puts together the pictures for Beckett Baseball magazine?
Be more specific... who selects photos used? Or designs pages? Not sure what you mean...
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(04-07-2011, 11:45 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: And the copyright date is 2011 Right.
Obviously, yes, it's 2010 and 2011 respectively. However, my comment was specifically about the word "reprint". How does Topps decide whether to put it on the back or not?
[Image: vgh3p.png]

(04-07-2011, 01:57 PM)flushdraw78 Wrote: Obviously, yes, it's 2010 and 2011 respectively. However, my comment was specifically about the word "reprint". How does Topps decide whether to put it on the back or not?
I believe they started adding them onto the original back reprints this year. If you're familiar with the stock and printing of past sets, most are obviously not passable as original cards.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Pacific made nolan ryan cards in 1991 and I have a full uncut sheet framed. Never been touched. What would that be worth?

can anyone tell me why the 1994 leaf gold stars and 1994 leaf limited gold all-stars are priced so different? there both early #d set of /10,000 made. why?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Here's a question from a rookie colector: from lets say the late 50's thru the late 60's what kind of grades are excellent,average, and poor? Is a '5' a good grade for this era of baseball cards? Thanks, Steve
[Image: olympiastevebannercopy.jpg]
Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Dustin Ackley
My bucket
http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/OlympiaSteve/
Question 
Totally new to this!!! - Help
I just inherited over 4,000 cards...I am being completely serious and I have no iea where to even begin. I know there is alot of money to be made off all these cards.
They include every sport, non sport, etc. Where should I start???

Can you help?
Thanks
Battey

How can I find the price of a card? I checked this months beckett, and it is not listed due to scarcity (only 10 exist). I attempted to purchase the list price from beckett.com but it was not available. Any suggestions?

(04-11-2011, 09:51 AM)olympiasteve Wrote: Here's a question from a rookie colector: from lets say the late 50's thru the late 60's what kind of grades are excellent,average, and poor? Is a '5' a good grade for this era of baseball cards? Thanks, Steve
Bump

[Image: olympiastevebannercopy.jpg]
Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Dustin Ackley
My bucket
http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/OlympiaSteve/