`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo

Today's NEW addition:

Jersey # card!!!!

2000 Leaf Limited POTG Preview 4 Color Patch (#11/25)!!!

[Image: 2000leaflimitedpotgpreview11-25fron.jpg][Image: 2000leaflimitedpotgpreview11-25back.jpg]

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Today's NEW addition:

Color Variant Helmet swatch

1997 Excalibur Authentic Game Used Helmet/Auto (#/700) - the Helmet piece is Black and White

[Image: 1997excalibur2colorsauto700.jpg]

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

Today's NEW addition:

Patch Variant!

2002 Topps Pristine Patches Yellow/White (#/100) - looks like the patch is from the "N" in Brunell!

It's been a tough week for the economy, but keep on jadeROCKing and y'all feel better! Smile

[Image: 2002Pristinepatches2c.jpg]

a quick update for you Jade:
I gave the list i got from you for cards needed, to my hobby guy a little over a week ago.
He say's he hasn't had a chance to check yet (and he forgot) but he said he will let me know next week when i go see him. I also told him if he had #D cards lmk as well. He said he would.
I just wanted you to know i have not forgot about you. He has 2 stores in the area so he will check both. He does have a Jaguars signed Jersey of Brunell if interested. If you are i can take a pic with the price for ya. Pm me if interested.
I Collect MOST 49ERS-(dont care for the 1 and done, F.A.)except D.Sanders-
2010-Taylor Mays, Anthony Dixon
[Image: bccgbanner2.gif]

jaderock...

A few things on your collection...

1 - You have got to be the most incredible, dedicated, insane, well-funded, and hardcore single player collector I have ever known.  Every single day (or at least almost) you find something NEW!  Now I know that "new" means a variant, or different serial number, some of the time, but holy lord, its just amazing.  My most sincerest of congratulations. 

2 - I, like yourself, am a single player collector.  I collect Matt Ware, a CB/Safety currently on the Arizona Cardinals, formerly of UCLA and the Philadelphia Eagles.  We went to HS together, and I have been as dedicated of a collector of his stuff as there is.  He only has about 80 total cards, including 1/1's and plates.  He had his rookies in 2004, and only one other card, 2006 Topps Total.  I own a college jersey, and I am still looking for Eagles and Cardinals jerseys, preferably unsigned.  Here's my million-dollar question for you:  How do you do it?

I look on ebay, beckett, sportlots, and thats about it.  Can you hook me up with some people who could point me in the right direction?  I have almost 2,500 cards of Matt's, including all but one 1/1 parallel, and 5 plates.  But, like you, this has gone from collection, to obsession, to passion (with still a little of the obsession mixed in).  I want to find as many as possible.  Consider this me enlisting the obviously large amount of resources you command at your beck and call. 

Seriously, any help would be appreciated.  jrlebert@gmail.com

And again, your collection is simply staggering.  You are an incredible collector.  Have you ever been featured in Beckett Football or anything?  You deserve to be.      
[Image: dg2tcm.gif]

View my Matt Ware collection: www.freewebs.com/jrlebert (3,500+ cards and counting!)

Current Projects:
2012 Panini Golden Age Mini Master Set (all 5 backs) - PM me!
2013 Panini Golden Age Mini Master Set (all 5 backs)

Oh, and one more thing...  How do I get a cool banner like your Brunell one?  (I'd want mine to be of Matt Ware obviously)
[Image: dg2tcm.gif]

View my Matt Ware collection: www.freewebs.com/jrlebert (3,500+ cards and counting!)

Current Projects:
2012 Panini Golden Age Mini Master Set (all 5 backs) - PM me!
2013 Panini Golden Age Mini Master Set (all 5 backs)

tim49erfan Wrote:a quick update for you Jade:
I gave the list i got from you for cards needed, to my hobby guy a little over a week ago.
He say's he hasn't had a chance to check yet (and he forgot) but he said he will let me know next week when i go see him. I also told him if he had #D cards lmk as well. He said he would.
I just wanted you to know i have not forgot about you. He has 2 stores in the area so he will check both. He does have a Jaguars signed Jersey of Brunell if interested. If you are i can take a pic with the price for ya. Pm me if interested.

Thanks Tim.

Is either of the stores you're near Burbank Sportscards? Man he has a million Brunells (and a gazillion cards of all sports), but they do a horrible job of listing them on Beckett and ebay...no specific serial numbering Sad I know he probably has a ton of stuff I want (#1,#8, #11, and last #) but just can't buy what Idon't know!

I'm good on jerseys unless it's actual game used.

Thanks for the update! Much appreicated!

jrlebert Wrote:jaderock...

A few things on your collection...

1 - You have got to be the most incredible, dedicated, insane, well-funded, and hardcore single player collector I have ever known.  Every single day (or at least almost) you find something NEW!  Now I know that "new" means a variant, or different serial number, some of the time, but holy lord, its just amazing.  My most sincerest of congratulations. 
Thank you for the compliment!
2 - I, like yourself, am a single player collector.  I collect Matt Ware, a CB/Safety currently on the Arizona Cardinals, formerly of UCLA and the Philadelphia Eagles.  We went to HS together, and I have been as dedicated of a collector of his stuff as there is.  He only has about 80 total cards, including 1/1's and plates.  He had his rookies in 2004, and only one other card, 2006 Topps Total.  I own a college jersey, and I am still looking for Eagles and Cardinals jerseys, preferably unsigned.  Here's my million-dollar question for you:  How do you do it?
I was collecting every single angle in 1998 and 1999, but decided I needed to focus on ONE thing...and so the journey began. Once I hit 500, then 1000, then 2000 cards, etc then it became a non issue to continue or stop. When Leftwich replaced him, that was the only time I was conflicted and for a very short time wanted to give in and stop. But like yourself, being so close to 100% keeps me motivated enough to continue the search.

I look on ebay, beckett, sportlots, and thats about it.  Can you hook me up with some people who could point me in the right direction?  I have almost 2,500 cards of Matt's, including all but one 1/1 parallel, and 5 plates.  But, like you, this has gone from collection, to obsession, to passion (with still a little of the obsession mixed in).  I want to find as many as possible.  Consider this me enlisting the obviously large amount of resources you command at your beck and call. 
For me, it's been ebay 95+% of the time, beckett helps with oddballs and show cards, sportlot and naxcom are next but they usually don't have anything I need. Heck, on Naxcom, I have over $5000 in "buy post" and the only time any of them get executed is when the seller sell me the wrong item (it's happened 5 times). One other thing you may want to consider is joining as many sportscard forums as possible (which I did in 2005)and see if anyone has the last remaining #1/1s you need. For the most part, not many people will list Matt Ware stuff since he's a virtual "unknown", so a little solicitation wouldn't hurt.

Seriously, any help would be appreciated.  jrlebert@gmail.com

And again, your collection is simply staggering.  You are an incredible collector.  Have you ever been featured in Beckett Football or anything? Yes once in Beckett and once in Tuff Stuff       

I appreciate your post and wish you the best of luck on the last 5 #1/1s you need...in due time you WILL finish it off and be complete at 100% Good luck and I wish you well!

jrlebert Wrote:Oh, and one more thing...  How do I get a cool banner like your Brunell one?  (I'd want mine to be of Matt Ware obviously)

Banner was courtesy of a member on another site.

One last thing, if you figure it out on how to do the "my organization" on Beckett, by all means put the last remaining cards on your wantlist and perhaps someone will have it eventually!

---

Today's NEW addition:

Autographed Mini Washington Redskins Logo Football!

[Image: redskinsfb.jpg]

Today's New addition:

Patch Variant!

1999 Leaf Certified Gridiron Gear 4 color Paw (#/300)

[Image: 1999LCgridirongearpaw.jpg]