`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014-15 Prestige Basketball Question

2014-15 Prestige Basketball Question
I recently acquired two different 2014-15 Prestige rookie cards (#172 Zach LaVine, and #196 Russ Smith) that are supposed to be the "Prestige Plus" versions, but they differ from the two "Prestige Plus" rookies I already own (#161 Andrew Wiggins and #169 Noah Vonleh).  The Wiggins and Vonleh both have a mirror/silver foilboard quality, not unlike when Topps Baseball does those.  The LaVine and Smith, however, have a rainbow/refractor quality to the foilboard, and also use a thicker stock, almost 75-100pt range.  I can't find anything in Beckett Online, or on TCDB.com that help shed some light on what I have.  Can anyone clarify what I'm looking at?  I can post photos if needed.  Thank you!

RE: 2014-15 Prestige Basketball Question
Could be hobby versus retail ... ?

There are 3 different versions of cards from Prestige in 2014-15. The regular version is just regular Prestige.
Then there is Prestige Plus which in the silverish looking version. The last one if Prestige Premium which has the rainbow/refractor look.

It sounds like your Lavine and Smith are Prestige Premium versions instead of the Prestige Plus version. Hopefully this helps.

And I think one of those formats were in the Target Longevity boxes maybe?

(05-13-2024, 02:23 PM)akaus Wrote: There are 3 different versions of cards from Prestige in 2014-15. The regular version is just regular Prestige.
Then there is Prestige Plus which in the silverish looking version. The last one if Prestige Premium which has the rainbow/refractor look.

It sounds like your Lavine and Smith are Prestige Premium versions instead of the Prestige Plus version. Hopefully this helps.
It definitely helps.  I did not have any Premium version to compare with, and the photos on eBay don't give you an impression of the rainbow/refractor appearance.  Thank you for the reply!

Thank you to all who have replied.  Your answers have given me a direction to go with.