`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FRAUDULENT SHYSTER ALERT

FRAUDULENT SHYSTER ALERT
Bought a parallel from Ziggy's Eastpointe Sportscards and got the ole bait and switch. Overpaid for the parallel and received the base card I can get for less than a dollar. Seller will not respond to messages and neither will Beckett. After calling Beckett, I received and initial email requesting available times for a callback, but they never actually called. I sent emails daily with good times, sometimes the entire day and I have not received another email or phone call. Do I have any recourse?

RE: FRAUDULENT SHYSTER ALERT
I would think it's an honest mistake for a store with that volume. I will email them with a link to this post and see if that helps.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I don't know what card it is, but some of those parallels are tough to tell apart. I don't know this dealer, but I'm hoping it is an honest mistake and they will take care of you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

OP said the seller has been contacted and hasn't replied.

Very frustrating!

Crickets
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Thanks for trying, still no communication from seller or Beckett. At this point I am just as frustrated Beckett has not followed up. And I know some parallels can be extremely similar to the base, but wouldn't a legitimate seller then try to rectify? Card purchased was a '98 momentum retail red parallel so it would have red text instead of black and probably not commonly mistaken.

This seems crazy to me. I can't believe they aren't getting back to you. They could easily fix the problem in a minute or two. I have never dealt with this seller, but I wouldn't want to upset a customer especially on a single card. I'm still holding out hope that you get this figured out, but it doesn't look good right now. I assume you called and emailed them.

I'm not sure how a business stays open if they don't answer their phone.

aol.com email ? These are still being used lol

I see they are Ebay as well...........try contact through Ebay page maybe?
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Hey, could have been a Netscape email.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

I gave this thread five stars just because of the SHYSTER in all caps.