`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum # of cards for trade

RE: Maximum # of cards for trade
(02-07-2024, 12:27 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Wow, I  did not know that.  I usually search specifically anyway, but that limits the search for cards for sure..again, not a customer focused organization
LOL. There is absolutely zero use cases where this limit would not be a good idea. No one will EVER have any use for searching through more than 50,000 cards and would also need to do so without putting additional parameters on it to narrow that search down. There would be an impact on everyone's org because it would have an impact on the database performance. That doesn't sound like a good trade off for a situation that will literally never happen for any reason. It's a good decision whether you understand why or not.

Edit to say: I think the complete lack of a need for this feature is demonstrated by the fact that you have been a member for 25 years and have never run into this issue according to your comment. So... I think the right calls were made.

RE: Maximum # of cards for trade
(02-09-2024, 01:11 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: LOL. There is absolutely zero use cases where this limit would not be a good idea. No one will EVER have any use for searching through more than 50,000 cards and would also need to do so without putting additional parameters on it to narrow that search down. There would be an impact on everyone's org because it would have an impact on the database performance. That doesn't sound like a good trade off for a situation that will literally never happen for any reason. It's a good decision whether you understand why or not.

Edit to say: I think the complete lack of a need for this feature is demonstrated by the fact that you have been a member for 25 years and have never run into this issue according to your comment. So... I think the right calls were made.
Agreed...search by what you are looking for..which leads to the "STARS" for wants.  This is hit and miss, depends on the trader etc..sometimes it works with a search for wants and then it works with a search for cards narrowed by teams etc.  For example..I search for "WANTS" via "STARS" in the general search and nothing..then I select teams for SF GIANTS and the STARS appear..but not always..searching for wants can be hard with large # of cards to search, thus the "STARS".  Another example is with MATCHMAKER.  I search and it says that person has the card I am looking for, but when I go their database in ORG it is blank..no "STARS" yet the card is needed and wanted and found in MATCHMAKER.  Go figure...

An aside..I fear Beckett is going down as a company..the service for the prices has been getting worse and worse and now they do not respond to requests.  Hope I am wrong..but for 25 years I have seen this slow death of a company.