IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Tired of the DBN Whining, So I Cleared the Prizm Out

Got Tired of the DBN Whining, So I Cleared the Prizm Out
Gem Fire Case Breaker Bros,

Let's effing go.

So I read this group on Facebook called Sportscard Nonsense ... basically just a cesspool of DBN minor leaguers filling up an overwhelming number of posts with "bro, comps, coin it, that will definitely gem," and the rest of the jargon that has infested this once great hobby.

They also specialize in ridiculing dads who post that their kid was happy for pulling a Victor Wembanyama RC out of a Hoops blaster - "everyone pulls those, bro, they're nothing special" - whilst also posting pictures of shopping carts full of 20 mega boxes of Prizm basketball and football.

They also frequently discuss the good ol' days of flipping back in 2020 and '21, while simultaneously complaining about how much boxes cost these days.

(Hint ... they didn't used to, until the Rise of the DBN Flippers.)

Anyway, what has really irked me lately is how many dozens of posts of Prizm football breaks describe them as "trash" if they don't hit a specific CJ Stroud parallel.

What bothers me the most is how many Detroit Lions RCs, parallels and jersey cards everyone was pulling and complaining about, and I would be sitting there thinking I'd love to have those cards if I could ever find any of that product.

Whelp, that changed today. There were five blasters of Prizm at my local Target, and I took them all.

Was thrilled to pull this "trash" in the first box ...

[Image: Sam.jpg]

Not pictured - a very nice Prismatic insert of Jahmyr Gibbs, another awesome Lions rookie.

I got two other jersey cards in the other four boxes ... Bijan Robinson and Houston Texans ... WR Tank Dell.

(So close! Pairs so nicely with the Will Anderson jersey card I pulled last week!)

Best rookies were orange disco parallels of Bijan and Jordan Addison, best base RC was Bryce Young.

Obviously I could have done better, could have done much worse, but at least I don't have to see all the DBN whiners complaining about these "trash" blasters - I'm pretty happy with them.

RE: Got Tired of the DBN Whining, So I Cleared the Prizm Out
Nice pulls RJ. I still haven't seen Prizm here (Houston). Last weekend there was an empty space where blasters and megas were. I still haven't seen any Donruss except for the complete sets and fat packs. After watching people open Absolute blasters, I am not even going to bother with them. The DBN can have all they want in search of the Kabooms. I doubt if there is a Mike Evans, Ryan Tannehill or Von Miller Kaboom, so I have no interest in them.

I have seen the same as you with Prizm breaks. If they don't get a Stroud then they have wasted their money (in there opinion).

I am just going to wait for Rookies and Stars to come out.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

That’s actually my favorite set!

Last week I was able to get a couple of value packs. Got them to check them out. Lucked up a restock in progress at WalMart yesterday. Blasters and hanger boxes. Passed on blasters. Grabbed 1 (yes only 1) and didn't get anything great. You would think they would put 2 base RC's in these, but only have 1 (though you do get 1 green wave RC). Think I am done with Prizm. Will wait until later this year and get what I want for my PC on COMC.

Have seen some breaks of R&S. Can't believe the prices for hobby boxes. Back when I was buying 2013 R&S from Blowout in 2014-2018, I could have gotten 10 boxes for the price of a 2023 box. I might try my luck with Wild Card or Sage hobby boxes. Never going to pay what they want for the Panini boxes.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

The Wild Card boxes with the pro uni cards (no logos) look really good.

I'm not sure what 2023 Sage is going for now, but 2023 Sage Low Series has several good names - led by C.J. Stroud and Jayden Daniels (first Daniels LSU autos) - 2023 Sage High also has several strong players (although the best thing I got from it was the C.J. Stroud Peak Performance) - and I haven't gotten a hobby box of 2023 Sage that I was displeased with

2024 Sage Low Series Hobby is still relatively expensive since it's essentially the only game in town - but I've been happy with what I've opened from it

I've always considered Sage Hobby boxes to be low priced fun - most will have multiple early round draft picks and there are several NIL quarterbacks available as well

Found three Jayden ASU red parallel cards in a random box yesterday!

(02-12-2024, 05:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Found three Jayden ASU red parallel cards in a random box yesterday!
Parallels of base cards or autographs?  Because if you found three red autos that is definitely a good find.

Ha, no, I wish ... three red parallels.

Which matches my three red parallels of his 2023 SAGE cards in his LSU uni.

I always like symmetry, LOL

Sicced the Target security guy on a pack searcher at Target today. Some fat blob that made me think of that picture that was posted of the guy sitting on the floor (at Target?) going through all the packs. He was spending over a minute on each value pack of 2024 Topps baseball. When I first got there, he stopped and walked away. When I was leaving, he came back and started up again. When I told him to just buy some and take his chances, he just ignored me with a stupid smile on his face. What I should have done was grab them all and walk around the store for a bit, maybe drop them off in the toy section. Always think of something good after it is too late. Will do that next time.