Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nicest Card I've Ever Received From DBay - STROUD BANGER

The Nicest Card I've Ever Received From DBay - STROUD BANGER
Gem Fire Bros,

I broke down and bought this CJ Stroud auto on the bay a few days back ... the seller had four available so I was sort of in the dark about what kind of condition the card would be in.

Suffice it to say, I think I got the pick of the litter ...

[Image: Stroud.jpg]

Four sharp corners front and back, great centering, nice full auto, love the "streaking" of the signature.

It's a beaut, Clark!

RE: The Nicest Card I've Ever Received From DBay - STROUD BANGER
I am a bit fan of Onyx and that is one sharp card - and you might not notice, but that card has an extra cool feature for Stroud - namely, Onyx depicts the players on these cards in Rice Stadium which is located in Houston (obviously, they must have an agreement with Rice University, since the Rice logo appears on the card)

I totally noticed that.

OK, I didn't.

Sweet!

Nice addition.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

SWEET!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Thank you my fellow Gem Fire Banger Bros.

Logic would tell you that Houston's season probably ends in Baltimore, but holy crap, can you imagine if they beat the Ravens?

Nice card RJ. CJ actually has a really nice signature. He is playing well so great purchase.

Thanks man!

I'm not normally a stickler for on-card, but his auto looks a lot better with some room to flow.

Plus this was one of the last sub-$200 autos I could find.

I was nervous about the corners, because the other two I have from this set (Aidan Hutchinson for my Lions PC and Davion Mitchell for my Kings PC) have slightly dinged corners, given that it's very much like 1980s card stock.

Was very, very pleased to get this card in this condition.

I just got the Bryce Young auto from that set - added in another auto from the set for the p.c. (the former Clemson quarterback who is now at Florida State after being at Oregon State) and the combined price for the two autos was about the same price as 2021 Onyx Vintage College boxes are now going for at the L.C.S. where I got the cards at (since they have live Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud autos they're slightly more then they were) - but the boxes are still only around $60. Seemed like a better option to just buy the Young auto than to buy a box to try to pull one (especially since I already have C.J. Stroud autos)