`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damage Replacements Processing!

Damage Replacements Processing!
Back in March I submitted damage replacements on 3 cards.  It arrived at the facility per USPS tracking on March 13.  I got an email today from the fulfillment team stating that my claim has been processed and that my replacements will be shipping shortly along with a tracking number.  If I have any questions, I should email support@topps.com.  BOOM!  GOTCHA RJ!!!  You thought it'd be Panini but it was actually Topps Smile.  Cause Panini gonna Panini.

RE: Damage Replacements Processing!
I have a college education. My IQ is over 140. I am a CPA.

But...I cannot understand 'Panini gonna Panini' that people keep saying. Other than the card company, Panini is a form of sandwich, so...that's not helpful.

(07-06-2023, 02:20 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have a college education.  My IQ is over 140.  I am a CPA.

But...I cannot understand 'Panini gonna Panini' that people keep saying.  Other than the card company, Panini is a form of sandwich, so...that's not helpful.
It's held that Panini is a company with horrendous customer service and seemingly no inclination or incentive to do better.  Having experienced it firsthand I can heartily agree that they have no interest in providing any sort of support.  So when we note that Panini is going to Panini, it means that we all understand that Panini (the company) is going to operate just like Panini (terrible service).

It's kinda like when I go in full fanboy mode about Topps Finest cards.  People might say "JP is gonna JP", which means JP (me) is gonna JP (act like JP).

(07-06-2023, 02:20 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have a college education.  My IQ is over 140.  I am a CPA.

But...I cannot understand 'Panini gonna Panini' that people keep saying.  Other than the card company, Panini is a form of sandwich, so...that's not helpful.
I am the people that says this.

Because Panini is gonna do whatever Panini is gonna do, regardless of what they should be doing or how I feel about how they're doing.

Meaning, I've given up, and that is saying something, because when I know I'm right or justified in a certain situation, I will pursue it all the way through, every time.

Case in point - after wasting most of my time at the DMV one morning a few months back, when I finally got to the counter, they were not going to help me on a very, very extremely small paperwork technicality.

(It wasn't even my mistake, seriously. A doctor had not checked a box on the back side of a two-page form.)

I argued with four people over the next 20 minutes until they finally relented.

I mean, I took on the DMV ... and won. Who does that?

As it to pertains to Panini, however, I have emailed them and called them dozens of times over the last 17 months to get exactly one retail auto and one retail parallel card replaced.

Literally every time I call, I get a new story ... "it will take this many more weeks/months, call us back" or "we're going to be getting to 2021 football soon, we're elevating you to Tier 2 status" or whatever.

Nothing changes. Ever.

I have finally taken to being as blunt with them as possible, such as, "are you just saying that to get me off the phone?"

Which, obviously they are.

So when I say "Panini gonna Panini," that's exactly what it means.

There are two things I can do ...

1) Nothing
2) And Like It

Obviously I could stop buying their products, and then I wouldn't have to deal with this.

Unfortunately, I collect mostly football and basketball cards, so if I want those products and those teams and those players, I really don't have a choice.

Believe me, on Day 1 of having a different option (Fanatics? Topps? Upper Deck?), I will never buy a Panini product again.

That's a quick turnaround! Good for Topps! Screw Panini - still have 3 redemptions - 2 of which are 9 years old with no movement.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(07-07-2023, 03:42 PM)jaderock Wrote: That's a quick turnaround! Good for Topps! Screw Panini - still have 3 redemptions - 2 of which are 9 years old with no movement.
9 years?

Holy crap, I guess I don't feel as bad about 17 months now.

Thanks man!!!

(07-06-2023, 01:57 PM)jplarson Wrote: Back in March I submitted damage replacements on 3 cards.  It arrived at the facility per USPS tracking on March 13.  I got an email today from the fulfillment team stating that my claim has been processed and that my replacements will be shipping shortly along with a tracking number. 
Replacements are in!  I'm not the type to just send in minor damage (chipping on edges, minor dinged corners, etc).  Stuff that understandably that can get a bit beat up.  These three though were egregious.  The Robinson had heavy gouging on the back, I'm surprised it didn't tear into the paper.  The other ones had really bad creases that should never have passed QC.  This was also in part to test to see how Topps does with damage replacements and I'm happy with the results.  I might have liked a bit more communication but not a big deal in the end.

So let me get this straight ... you pay for cards coming in packs on the assumption that they're at least NM or better ... "stuff happens" and for whatever reason, you receive cards that are damaged beyond acceptable levels ... you send the damaged cards in to the company and request replacements ... and they actually send them back to you???

Huh.