`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022-23 Optic - Best Basketball Blaster in Years!

2022-23 Optic - Best Basketball Blaster in Years!
Banger Bros,

Some of you may remember my epic (at the time) story of the Zion Williamson RC pull out of a single blaster of Optic basketball during the dawn of the DBN Era ...

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1616718.html

Well, since that time in early March 2020, I have found exactly zero retail blasters of Optic.

So I was delighted to locate a small drop of the 2022-23 edition at my local Walmart yesterday.

I bought one before work for the low low price of $34.98, and other than a couple of inserts of LeBron, it was one of the worst blasters (especially for the new price) that I have ever had.

I decided to give it one more try on my way home from work and picked the middle of the last three blasters.

Glad I did.

First pack - Paolo Banchero Rated Rookie silver prizm!

Fifth pack - Paolo Banchero Rated Rookie base card!

[Image: Optic.jpg]

This almost never happens to me, where I get "the guy" multiple times in the same box.

Not pictured - A nice insert of Jaden Ivey for my Pistons PC.

Thanks for looking!

RE: 2022-23 Optic - Best Basketball Blaster in Years!
Congrats RJ. Always good to pull a former Duke superstar.

(06-07-2023, 10:33 AM)akaus Wrote: Congrats RJ. Always good to pull a former Duke superstar.
Thanks man ... I'm not into graded but if I were, I would definitely submit the Paolo silver.

Over the holidays I used my work bonus to pick up a Paolo Banchero auto, and then today I added an Anthony Edwards auto.

I think those guys are going to be the "face" of the league once the LeBron and Curry types hang them up.

Both cards were under $200 so they haven't taken off into the stratossphere yet like most of the big names.

Very nice! When I pull multiple cards of one player in a box, it is usually someone like Boban Marjanovic.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Yeah, me too, in a box like that I would normally get a David Roddy base and at least two color parallels of David Roddy.

I'm usually like, "JFC, Panini, mix it up!"

But this time I was like, "hey, cool, Panini, way to go"

Just got two Giannis base back to back in an old 2021-22 Prizm Value pack.

Not a parallel. Just regular base lol.

I like Giannis, but two of the exact same card in a row...
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Panini gonna Panini

My happiest repeat came back in 2017 with a Sage Low Series Hobby Box where I got two Patrick Mahomes II autographs (Gold and Peak Performance so at least different cards).

I was disappointed getting a repeat at the time (even though I thought "at least this is the likely best autograph in the set"), but it turned out to work really well

That is what a dream box looks like. I don't think that will ever happen again.

(03-29-2024, 11:17 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: My happiest repeat came back in 2017 with a Sage Low Series Hobby Box where I got two Patrick Mahomes II autographs (Gold and Peak Performance so at least different cards).

I was disappointed getting a repeat at the time (even though I thought "at least this is the likely best autograph in the set"), but it turned out to work really well