`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Went to TriStar in Houston today

Went to TriStar in Houston today
Didn't fair much better than when I went in June 2021.  Parking $20 + tax (they went to credit card only and cars were backed up) and another $20 to walk in the door.  Pretty much went in expecting to only buy singles and that is what I did.  Barely spent more than what it cost to park and enter.

RJ, I couldn't pass this one up for you just because of the name: 1960 Topps Hopalong Cassady, 1955 Heisman winner from Ohio State U.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Went to TriStar in Houston today
That’s a nice pickup. My grandpa was a fan of him, looks to be in great shape.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(02-04-2023, 09:13 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Didn't fair much better than when I went in June 2021.  Parking $20 + tax (they went to credit card only and cars were backed up) and another $20 to walk in the door.  Pretty much went in expecting to only buy singles and that is what I did.  Barely spent more than what it cost to park and enter.

RJ, I couldn't pass this one up for you just because of the name: 1960 Topps Hopalong Cassady, 1955 Heisman winner from Ohio State U.
I might actually have that one! I’ll have to look, but either way thank you for thinking of me!

(02-04-2023, 09:17 PM)Speak917 Wrote: That’s a nice pickup.  My grandpa was a fan of him, looks to be in great shape.
It is in great shape for 63 years old.  The back is green so you see some white along the edges, but overall very nice.  Guessing he was given that nickname from the western character.  Slightly different spelling.  Loved some of the nicknames from back then.

I got a handful of Redskins from the 60's for $1 and $2 also all in great shape (Topps and Philadelphia).  Before my time, but what  the heck.  Was a little disappointed that they were only worth $1.50 and $2.50.  Would have thought 60 year old cards would have a little better value than that. But still glad that I bought them.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

(02-04-2023, 10:06 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I might actually have that one! I’ll have to look, but either way thank you for thinking of me!
LMK if you do have it.  I can always send it to Speak if it is something he would want.

Gentlemen, I am happy to report that I do, indeed, have that exact Hopalong card.

Speak, it is yours if dogger is so inclined.

Dogger, I truly appreciate you thinking of me.

It has been a rough go for me as of late and I really appreciate the gesture.

(02-07-2023, 11:40 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Gentlemen, I am happy to report that I do, indeed, have that exact Hopalong card.

Speak, it is yours if dogger is so inclined.

Dogger, I truly appreciate you thinking of me.

It has been a rough go for me as of late and I really appreciate the gesture.
My pleasure RJ.

Speak, would you like the card?

(02-07-2023, 04:06 PM)dogger99 Wrote: My pleasure RJ.

Speak, would you like the card?
That would be awesome.  What tickles your fancy?  LOL.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(02-07-2023, 05:17 PM)Speak917 Wrote: That would be awesome.  What tickles your fancy?  LOL.
Don't need anything.  Just PM your address to me and I will get it out.
Rob