`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Rush Grade 0?

Holiday Rush Grade 0?
I received a grade 0 on a submission using the holiday service. Anyone have any insight to what this is or anyone experience this using this service? Thanks

RE: Holiday Rush Grade 0?
A scan would help, I assume the card was not in bad enough shape to actually get a zero.

(01-10-2023, 03:20 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: A scan would help, I assume the card was not in bad enough shape to actually get a zero.
It was an impeccable Silver ounce card; the card I thought for sure would gem. Too think maybe?

The only other thing I can think of is to check your original submission ... sometimes people only request a slab with no grade, so maybe there was some kind of mixup on their end.

You could also try contacting the mods on this site and asking them.

(01-10-2023, 02:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The only other thing I can think of is to check your original submission ... sometimes people only request a slab with no grade, so maybe there was some kind of mixup on their end.

Just saw that I was refunded still charged $54 for shipping back probably. Weird; maybe the card is too thick?

(01-10-2023, 02:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The only other thing I can think of is to check your original submission ... sometimes people only request a slab with no grade, so maybe there was some kind of mixup on their end.

Just got it back; too thick was the reasoning

(01-11-2023, 08:02 PM)vincebalmoja Wrote: Just got it back; too thick was the reasoning
Oh so lucky you got it back, I hope you will share more experiences hereĀ monopoly go

Many of the 1990's thick coins, medallions etc cannot be slabbed due to weight or thickness issues
BGS errs on the side of caution if it thinks it will break the internal sleeves

Buyers are the ones who choose return shipping ( I'm presuming you chose 2 day Fedex) the $54 return charged sounds normal. They normally do not refund the grading fees- you get charged no matter what.

I always check before subbing the more esoteric or unique items like coins, medallions, stamps, thicker , special issues, one offs for shows etc.

Jeff