`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Sage

2023 Sage
Sage, not Sage Hit.  Found these at my Walmart today.  2 months earlier than last year.  Bought a box.  Only $19.99, just like the good old days.  Going to open it up later tonight and will post my 3 autos.  Not sure if this is replacing Sage Hit, but these are the best looking cards, stock an finish that I have seen. The autos are very nice looking as well.

My 3 autos:
Daniel Scott, Cal Berkeley
Zach Kunitz, Old Dominion
Kalon Gervin (Red), Kansas

RJ,
Wish I had held off on sending your package. Got Ronnie Bell and Mazi Smith from Michigan and Shane Lee and Terrell Bynum from USC.  Could have thrown those in.  But I am sure you will buy some and being a small set (100) you will probably get them.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: 2023 Sage
Very nice, I’ll be on the lookout for those.

Funny thing, this new NIL world … normally I’d be hunting for Bryce Young and CJ Stroud in this upcoming year’s products, but I already have a bunch of their cards that came out last year!

(01-08-2023, 02:00 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Very nice, I’ll be on the lookout for those.

Funny thing, this new NIL world … normally I’d be hunting for Bryce Young and CJ Stroud in this upcoming year’s products, but I already have a bunch of their cards that came out last year!
C.J. Stroud and Bijan Robinson are the only 2 players that I got that I have heard of.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(01-08-2023, 09:32 AM)dogger99 Wrote: C.J. Stroud and Bijan Robinson are the only 2 players that I got that I have heard of.
Some mocks have Robinson going to Detroit, we’ll see.

My wife wanted to get a purse from Wal-Mart (she liked the one my sister had and wanted to get one like it) so we went by Wal-Mart and I found this

I agree, these cards look great - the autograph cards especially.

Downside - between the NIL and extra COVID year, many of the players this year had cards last year - I didn't get any repeats in the autograph cards, so that was good. But beware of that fact.

(01-09-2023, 11:06 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: My wife wanted to get a purse from Wal-Mart (she liked the one my sister had and wanted to get one like it) so we went by Wal-Mart and I found this

I agree, these cards look great - the autograph cards especially.

Downside - between the NIL and extra COVID year, many of the players this year had cards last year - I didn't get any repeats in the autograph cards, so that was good.  But beware of that fact.
My one hope is that they don’t recycle the NIL QBs over and over and over again … I already have multiple autos of a couple of those guys from last year, I certainly don’t need any more.

(01-09-2023, 03:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My one hope is that they don’t recycle the NIL QBs over and over and over again … I already have multiple autos of a couple of those guys from last year, I certainly don’t need any more.
Some of the NIL quarterbacks from last year are headed back to college for another year - and if you remember, Leaf included at least one high school quarterback - LOL!  And others were first year college players like Quinn Ewers.

Those guys are going to have several years of NIL autos before they get to the NFL draft.  LOL!

Sage doesn't have the checklist out - I am hoping to see it out before a hobby box is available to assure that there are sufficient new signers to make it worthwhile - a lot of the base were guys I already had autos of.

But all 9 autos I got from three blasters were of guys who I didn't already have autos of - so that was good.

(01-09-2023, 04:06 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Some of the NIL quarterbacks from last year are headed back to college for another year - and if you remember, Leaf included at least one high school quarterback - LOL!  And others were first year college players like Quinn Ewers.

Those guys are going to have several years of NIL autos before they get to the NFL draft.  LOL!

Sage doesn't have the checklist out - I am hoping to see it out before a hobby box is available to assure that there are sufficient new signers to make it worthwhile - a lot of the base were guys I already had autos of.

But all 9 autos I got from three blasters were of guys who I didn't already have autos of - so that was good.
That’s good to know, I watched an online break where the guy went through the base so fast I didn’t even really see who was in the set.

Are only autos in the box?
If there's base/inserts, did you pull any WVU alumni (like Bryce Ford Wheaton)?
I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills,  NBA: Jerry West, Jevon Carter, Miles McBride, MLB: Jedd Gyorko, etc.

(01-10-2023, 10:50 AM)dmc913 Wrote: Are only autos in the box?
If there's base/inserts, did you pull any WVU alumni (like Bryce Ford Wheaton)?
The blasters have like 5 clear plastic packs of base/inserts and then a foil pack with the 3 autos.