RE: BEWARE TRADERS
Happy to report this loophole has been closed
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

rjcj2017 Wrote:The best part was when I asked the officer why someone would try to scam me when I have their name and address and could just show up at their house.

His reply - "We've found that, generally speaking, criminals are not that smart."
Great post, RJ ... hilarious and true. 
Reminds me of a convenience store hold-up. The criminal after taking the register’s cash demanded some cigarettes before he left. The clerk said that it was state law for him to check ID first, and the criminal complied and gave him a drivers license.  Needless to say, the criminal was arrested at home within the hour. LOL

Back on topic, never dealt with this trader but very happy to see that my fellow board people are on the ball and Floydtown is on patrol. Thanks to DiMarco for outing a potential problematic trader. Good job!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:The criminal after taking the register’s cash demanded some cigarettes before he left. The clerk said that it was state law for him to check ID first, and the criminal complied and gave him a drivers license.  Needless to say, the criminal was arrested at home within the hour.
THAT is awesome!

floydtown Wrote:Happy to report this loophole has been closed
Thanks Bob!

Just a bump to let others know and remind them of this guy. He posted what is more than likely a fake Nolan Ryan RC for sale on a reddit forum. Potential buyer researched and found this guy with it listed on FB Marketplace. The "seller" on the reddit group was female, or at least using a female name, but provided the same card pic as in the guy's marketplace ad and they apparently both have the same address or something like that. Claimed they needed money badly for their kid's Christmas or something and was looking to sell for only $300.

Story is kind of convoluted but I came into it a little late. Someone posted a link to this thread on reddit talking about how the guy got blown up on here. So, he's apparently still out there scamming away. Just a heads up in case he ventures back here.

I nominate this clown for President of the Doosh Bag Network

Wow talk about a long con
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(12-17-2022, 09:34 PM)tate31nym Wrote: Wow talk about a long con
Yep, you have to really try to be that big of a DB