`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New Release Pricing

RE: New Release Pricing
(12-21-2022, 08:25 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have been watching my ORG decrease in value 6 times already in December for 2017 thru 2021 prospects, while a November product remains unpriced.

Must be two different divisions within Beckett!
I have noticed a decrease in collection value as well.  Base parallels like rainbow foil have experienced an apparent correction, in addition to several prospects.

New product pricing delays are annoying, I know.  It is not the end of the world for me like it must be for those that make their living off this fabulous marketplace.  Manpower has got to be an issue, especially with some of those resources presumably being redirected to the elusive Beckett Collect project.

Nothing new. This is always the case. To most of us its the Sub that we pay for and don't get what we're waiting for. Now with the Holiday season among us, you can forget the pricing for the next 2 weeks and my sub is about to run out. To me its a joke way things are run hear. Still waiting for stuff since September and i am sure lots of others are still waiting for pricing from years past. It seems like they take your money and give nothing in return really.

I have the same concerns..so I reached out to see what the deal was..although I pretty much knew it was a lot of pricing to do and few people to do it.

But I wrote this AM:

""Pricing dates for these??  All baseball

2022 Chronicles and subsets..released October 28

2022 Allen and Ginter..released Nov 16

2022 Pro debut color parallels..released Sept 30

I understand the releases have been fast an furious lately and staffing is probably an issue..but just trying to get an idea on pricing.."""

And I got the answer I expected back quickly (they usually respond quickly..I give them that for sure)..

""Hi Jeff -

We're working our way through these, but we've had 12 BB products release in the fourth quarter, that's really put us in a bind...especially since the products are bigger than ever...Good news is that we should be making additional hires to 2023 to help us going forward, but as of now, Sam and I are working through the missing BB and Soccer pricing."""

So, I guess it is the same as many sectors of the economy..few trained staff..also, the BB releases have been crazy lately...

Jeff, thanks for the info. I don't get as mad about it as some, since it is a nationwide crisis for customer service going down the drain in every industry. Beckett is not unique, by any means. I think the worst part is knowing 90% of the employees are overseas and can hide from disappointed paying customers.

I was told that they price the high priority sets first and then "the not so popular" ones last. Thats not what you really
want to hear.

(12-21-2022, 10:57 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have the same concerns..so I reached out to see what the deal was..although I pretty much knew it was a lot of pricing to do and few people to do it.

But I wrote this AM:

""Pricing dates for these??  All baseball

2022 Chronicles and subsets..released October 28

2022 Allen and Ginter..released Nov 16

2022 Pro debut color parallels..released Sept 30

I understand the releases have been fast an furious lately and staffing is probably an issue..but just trying to get an idea on pricing.."""

And I got the answer I expected back quickly (they usually respond quickly..I give them that for sure)..

""Hi Jeff -

We're working our way through these, but we've had 12 BB products release in the fourth quarter, that's really put us in a bind...especially since the products are bigger than ever...Good news is that we should be making additional hires to 2023 to help us going forward, but as of now, Sam and I are working through the missing BB and Soccer pricing."""

So, I guess it is the same as many sectors of the economy..few trained staff..also, the BB releases have been crazy lately...
With only 2 people working on it, no wonder they are behind!!!

For the past 3 years I have seen Bowman Chrome priced two weeks after release. It has been 3 weeks this year and Christmas will delay it another week for sure, maybe two more.