`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Package Received but no email confirmation.

Package Received but no email confirmation.
Hey, new to Beckett for grading cards. I sent in a package and it was delivered over a week ago and tracking says left with an individual. I haven't received a email from Beckett saying that they have the package and I can't get in contact with anyone via email, phone, or text chat at Beckett. I'm nervous that they could've delivered it to the wrong building but is that me just being paranoid? Also I paid for the 10-20 day turnaround so shouldn't it be at least opened and started at this point so they get it out on time? Thanks

RE: Package Received but no email confirmation.
We are the same issue. I do think BGS got very poor system and customer service...

(12-14-2022, 05:37 PM)zdidib Wrote: We are the same issue. I do think BGS got very poor system and customer service...
I also have the same issue.

I sent in over 300 card and sent them via DHL with full tracking and signature on delivery. Not an email, message or anything from BGS to confirm receipt. The cards were delivered on 5/12/2022, so 12 days ago and complete silence, but my credit card got charged the $7k or so it cost for the grading when I placed the online order. Extremely poor system if you ask me.

I have been submitting cards for years but haven't sent in much of the past few years due to massive blow outs in turn around time and the cost to get cards graded. You would assume that after all of these years and with the huge shift back to PSA that these guys would be doing everything to make the experience better for customers. Unfortunately, the new website is only a landing page but the same old problems are still present. It's so bad that old web pages still haven't been updated so you have this mix of old and new branding and stale information. 

It's bad enough that BGS 9.5s sell for 40% less than PSA 10s and then poor customers like me still choose BGS and get rewarded with a crap system and lower secondary values because it's in a BGS slab.

I prefer the subgrades but the experience over the past few years and my most recent submission make me question why I do it to myself.

And the BGS tracking system, what a load of XXXp. What a stupid idea, have a system I type my order into and then find it's not even recorded in the system. I would expect that BGS has someone opening every box that comes in and at that point they need to confirm receipt of the customers cards/items. I can send a letter via the post and have it tracked via barcode etc., why can't BGS do that? I don't think it's too much to ask.

I was also thinking about how much they make grading cards. Looking at the Gem Rate data, PSA graded around 1m cards last month, BGS graded around 50,000. Assuming an average of $25 per card for both BSG and PSA, that assumes that BGS only generated around $1.25m in revenue for the month. Even if I assume $1.5m, that seems like a very small income level. PSA seems to dwarf BGS by a massive amount.

I remember the days when people would try and cross big Jordan cards into BGS from PSA. Now it has reversed and people actively try and cross from BGS to PSA to try and get the premium. 

It's a sad state of affairs.

If BGS wants to get back to where it once was, it needs to provide excellent customer service, consistent grading and excellent value for money. I think the customer service experience is lacking, things like confirming receipt of a customer's cards are not negotiable as far as I am concerned and these decisions come from management, not the poor worker on the end of the phone call or email (and yes, I hope management reads this). Grading consistency is a major issue and I think if BGS was smart, they would look at TAG and try to automate parts of the grading process. Then if a corner has a white spot and the computer system determines it to be 51% white then it gets an 8.5 for example. Same with centering. I have seen PSA and BGS cards that I wonder how they got the grades they did. And pricing, I think the PSA upcharges are a rip off and full of conflict. It might be that BGS has a fixed price for cards above a certain value in raw condition so that way the grading is not influenced by the final grade. And they should stop grading 9s and 9.5s without subs. Its destroying the secondary values because people think that the person didn't get subs because the card has an issue. Cards that grade below an 8.5 should have the subs, unless they are over a certain value or charge an extra fee if the person wants subs on anything less than an 8.5. 

Anyway, I just have to wait for 300 card order to show up. But, I will say that once this order is completed, I won't be submitting again until I see things change.

I received the confirmation email today.

I'm nervous because I sent them $700 worth of cards that were delivered 12/9 and have no confirmation of receipt. I've been trying to email them requesting confirmation. Their website is awful. The order # tracker from the main page always showed every order number as complete, and now it doesn't work at all, and none of my orders show on my account. I sent them 2, one was a expedited. I received that one back graded and it STILL doesn't show on my order history. It also doesn't show in the Pop Report. And I have no confirmation about my $700 order so this makes me really nervous. Their website and customer service is terrible. I was trying to save some money because I think PSA's fee system is excessive, but I guess you get what you pay for, and that's peace of mind.

So finally a month after they received it, they did enter it into their system. I had to send 5 emails and call them. I have to wait for the grading, but that I'm ok with. I just want the peace of mind that they have it!!!

Same here. I sent an autographed photo to be encapsulated to Beckett Authentication Services - they received package December 13, 2022. Still no email confirmation from BAS that my order has been received.

To [b]skatardrummer1: did they eventually answer your email? I tried emailing customer service and their sales representatives. No response until now.[/b]

(01-11-2023, 10:52 AM)skatardrummer1 Wrote: So finally a month after they received it, they did enter it into their system. I had to send 5 emails and call them. I have to wait for the grading, but that I'm ok with. I just want the peace of mind that they have it!!!
Sounds like this is a common experience. My cards arrived at Beckett Jan 11 but I still haven't received any confirmation from them. No one answers the phone when I call and no one seems to respond to any email inquiries or messages through the website. I submitted cards to both PSA and BGS at the same time and I've been fully informed of the progress my cards are going through at PSA with 0 updates from BGS. It's causing a lot of anxiety as the estimated value of my submission is over $25k. I'm just praying that it's a similar experience to yours and my package arrived and is safe at Beckett Sad