`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Chicago Bears in 2022 Score?

RE: No Chicago Bears in 2022 Score?
(10-05-2022, 12:30 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Or they legitimately no longer care about the Bears.
This could be a reason, as the Bears are not really relevant anymore and Fields is not panning out - I'm sure if he had a little bit more time in the pocket, he'd do much better, but what QB wouldn't?  He doesn't look like the same Fields that I was accustom to seeing.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(10-05-2022, 12:42 PM)Speak917 Wrote: This could be a reason, as the Bears are not really relevant anymore and Fields is not panning out - I'm sure if he had a little bit more time in the pocket, he'd do much better, but what QB wouldn't?  He doesn't look like the same Fields that I was accustom to seeing.
Counterpoint:

2022 Score Football Checklist – Houston Texans

Base
1 Brandin Cooks
2 Nico Collins
3 Davis Mills
4 David Johnson
5 Jonathan Greenard
324 Derek Stingley Jr. RC
345 Dameon Pierce RC
352 Christian Harris RC
368 Jalen Pitre RC
387 John Metchie III RC

Serious question: Who is Jonathan Greenard?

Whether or not a team is good or popular should be irrelevant ... the product is supposed to represent the league as a whole, which includes all of its member teams.

(If this were not the case, there would be several products in several different years that would feature no Lions or Kings whatsoever.)

Even if a team is terrible, any set should still contain X number of its "best" players as any other team ... hence the Jonathan Greenard example.

Fields, Mooney, Montgomery, Smith and Jackson should absolutely be in the set at a minimum if all of the other teams have 5 or 6 players as well.

Maybe Panini will pull a Topps and issue special "silver packs" that include the Bears team set ... all for the low low price of 35,000 rewards points.

(10-05-2022, 12:45 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Serious question: Who is Jonathan Greenard?
Being in the Houston area, I do know of him.  He has been one of the bright spots on a bad defense.  Though not so great this year (compared to last year).

Houston also has Moon and Campbell as Oilers.  Though they are really part of the Titans franchise which would up their base cards to 12.  But being a former Oiler fan, I count them as Houston.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(10-05-2022, 01:41 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Being in the Houston area, I do know of him.  He has been one of the bright spots on a bad defense.  Though not so great this year (compared to last year).

Houston also has Moon and Campbell as Oilers.  Though they are really part of the Titans franchise which would up their base cards to 12.  But being a former Oiler fan, I count them as Houston.
I'm a big Warren Moon guy, been meaning to track down his RC forever.

It's actually all my fault the Bears weren't included.

You see, like our friend RJ, I too had an outstanding damage replacement request with Panini.  I mailed it out October, 2020 and they confirmed receipt November 2020 according to their ticketing system.

Then I waited until March of 2021 and asked for updates via their online ticketing portal... nothing.

Then I started to call and email their CS line/email a year afterwards... nothing.

Then this year, I found a few names searching various forums of people who would respond via email and emailed them once a month... nothing.

Then I found one of those business websites that lists employees who work there via whatever web crawling they use to gather that info, but their email addresses were hidden.  However like any good IT department, their email addresses followed a standard.  So I added to my list of people to email.  I started emailing every day.  Still nothing.

I opened a ticket with their web IT group, asking if my emails were getting blocked.  They said no, to keep emailing their CS group for the fastest updates (lol).

After each week, I would add on 3 more people to the chain.  I always replied to my own email, creating a new message that became dozens of replies long.  I knew they were getting through because I would get the occasional out of office reply.  Still.... nothing.

Then I decided to search on LinkedIn and found even more people who worked for Panini America, and I started adding them too.  VP's, brand managers, accountants, customer service reps, didn't matter.  Each week, expanding my list of people I was emailing daily (Mon-Fri, only I'm not a monster).  My emails replies got to triple digits.... nothing.

Then I got a response back from a VP during the week of the National and asked me to wait until the National was over because people were traveling.  I waited a week, heard nothing, then began again my daily email campaign.

Finally one of the people who received at this point over 100 emails responded and got a replacement out to me.

And that's how I wound up with a 2021 Donruss Downtown Justin Fields.

The entire time I was polite and professional, yet still held them accountable by asking for updates.  At a certain point I knew there wasn't any direct 2020 replacements for my cards anymore, so I asked if Justin Fields or Chicago Bears could be substituted.  I didn't want to go to these lengths.  However it is unacceptable to not reply back to customer inquiries.  Imagine if WalMart, or Amazon, or your grocery chain treated you like that.  Imagine if the Panini CS reps were treated like that from their automotive care team or local doctor's office.  All it would have taken was a reply saying "sorry, we're still backlogged but we haven't forgotten."  Maybe even a general "3-6 months".  I wound up waiting 20 months for replacements.

And now 2022 Score doesn't have Bears veterans in the base set. 

Well played Panini, well played.

Dangit JP!!! I’m going on a year for my Fields first impressions redemption, but do not have high hopes.

JP, that may be the greatest thing I've ever read.

Like, seriously.

And no, I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest. Not one bit.

Yeah, it's freaking annoying about the lack of response.

I have two tickets in (nowhere near your wait yet) but still, February and March ... eight months and seven months, respectively ... I've updated my responses to myself on the tickets a dozen times ... and nothing.

Now, I'm sure the DBN ruined this for the rest of us by sending in damage replacements by the boat loads so they could try to get Gem Mint 10 Banger Level replacements for grading, there's no doubt in my mind about that either.

But still ... not even an automated response ... "your call is very important to us, and we appreciate your patience, a customer service representative will be right with you" ... that sort of thing.

They could not care less. Especially about damage replacements ... they already have our money, what's in it for them to try to find the exact replacement and spend the time and money to package it out and send it to us?

I cannot wait until they are gone for good.

(10-09-2022, 09:41 PM)Speak917 Wrote: Dangit JP!!!  I’m going on a year for my Fields first impressions redemption, but do not have high hopes.
Over a year for the Zach Wilson Score autograph - on the other hand, since the Jets are actually looking decent (Hall and Wilson are both legit) maybe that means the inevitable replacement will actually be something decent.

Or they could just send me a Wilson auto given that there has been tons of Wilson autos produced since 2021 Score.

And yes, let's all blame JP - he caused it!

(10-11-2022, 08:53 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: And yes, let's all blame JP - he caused it!
It's always good to have a scapegoat - I mean, someone has to take the blame?  Right?   Angel