`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now

RE: It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now
I agree, though I'm trying to keep an open mind and give them the benefit of the doubt as far as seeing how the "new old" products look for football and basketball ... i.e. Topps Chrome, Finest, Bowman/Bowman's Best, etc.

For example, had they been able to produce licensed cards in time for this year's rookie classes, imagine the potential for Stroud and Wembanyama Chrome autos, parallels, etc.

My big thing is also how much content they are going to proivide relative to the cost.

Example ... Topps Chrome basketball versus Prizm basketball.

Currently you get 24 cards for $34.99 for Prizm basketball, with no guarantees of auto or mem cards.

Sadly, beyond that, the top rookies seem to be really hard to pull.

I busted 7 blasters of 2023-24 Prizm looking for Wemby and around 13 blasters of 2021-22 looking for Cade Cunningham and pulled a grand total of ZERO of either player.

That's like $700 flushed directly down the drain.

If Topps Chrome follows the same model, then, well, I'm not too interested.

But, if their NBA content is anything like their McDonald's or Overtime Elite products, plenty of autos and parallels at the $24.99 to $29.99 price point, then I'm good with it.

But, as you said, if they continue to just cater to the DB Breaker Brigade and continue to raise prices and lower content, then that might be the final knell to me.

Given how they've constantly lowered content and increased prices in their one sport they got the license people care about, I stand by my other thread title - Fanatics will make us miss Panini

Zenith football up on Panini direct for $325 for anyone who wants to set their money on fire

(03-22-2024, 10:22 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Zenith football up on Panini direct for $325 for anyone who wants to set their money on fire
I cut out the middle man and lit my money on fire. I'm doing my part to lower inflation!

(03-22-2024, 05:55 PM)jplarson Wrote: I cut out the middle man and lit my money on fire.  I'm doing my part to lower inflation!
Well, it would if people actually used cash

Don't get me started on that. My problem is I was born 50 years too late.

$1000 a start and $150 floor for two Spectra parallels numbered to /8

The Great New Collectors are saying "sign me up"

https://www.paniniamerica.net/2023-panin...-pack.html

Never understood how this works.

Good thing is, I couldn't care less.