`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggested Price?

Suggested Price?
I have 1,137 inserts and parallels from 1992 thru 2015 with BV over $1,250.  How much should I ask for these in a yard sale situation?

RE: Suggested Price?
(09-05-2022, 08:41 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have 1,137 inserts and parallels from 1992 thru 2015 with BV over $1,250.  How much should I ask for these in a yard sale situation?
Ask for $125 and take $50.  I tried something like that...had 20 monster boxes of 3500 - 5000 singles various years at $10/box and sold NOTHING..took them to Goodwill..they probably threw them away

Just my opinion..if the yard sale is a community sale and you can "advertise" that you have sports cards..maybe you will get some movement.

Good luck

Another suggestion:

$0.50/single card
10 - 20 cards for $0.40/card
20+ cards for $0.30/card

Thanks for the posts. If shipping wasn't so crazy awful, I would advertise on Craigs List.

I did give a 4,000-count box to Goodwill 6 years ago but I think it ended up in the trunk of the worker's car.

I agree on the single card price, I was thinking of selling all of them at once..if single card sales..you will need to let people know the cards are at the year sale so they will come..otherwise I think success would be limited...

Again..Good Luck

Yeah, I stumbled across a yard sale find at the end of July and bought the complete set of 1984 Topps & a small box full of relics & a couple autos for $35. I thought it was bargain since the mattingly rookie alone was worth about that much - well, it was... apparently it dropped $10 recently.

It sucks I never stumble into any yard sales with cards... All I see it old clothes and beat up furniture lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

My favorite yard sale find ever - as a kid I would go garage sailing with my dad in the summer time ... we once found a plastic grocery bag full of separated panels of 1980-81 Topps Basketball for $5 ... I dug through there and found the three panels for the Bird-Magic RC with Dr. J ... yes, it's in horrible condition, but when I put the three panels in a sleeve and then a screwdown it looked great!

Nod bad for $5, LOL

(09-05-2022, 08:41 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have 1,137 inserts and parallels from 1992 thru 2015 with BV over $1,250.  How much should I ask for these in a yard sale situation?
Donating to charitable organizations is always a nice idea.  We have a children's hospital nearby that is a sweet way to share the hobby (throw in a few "decent" cards randomly to make it more fun for the kids).

(09-29-2022, 08:40 AM)robyoung0516 Wrote: Donating to charitable organizations is always a nice idea.  We have a children's hospital nearby that is a sweet way to share the hobby (throw in a few "decent" cards randomly to make it more fun for the kids).
I have tried that twice.  Both times I was told the cards have germs that they are unable to clean properly.

Then, when I donated a 5,000 card box to Goodwill, I think it ended up in the back seat of the worker's car.