`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: How do you organize your cards
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Player
20.00%
2 20.00%
Teams
10.00%
1 10.00%
Set
70.00%
7 70.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you organize your cards
Smile 
How do you organize your cards
What is the best way to organize a large baseball card collection?  By Player, Teams or Set?

RE: How do you organize your cards
I have about 55k cards. All are organized by year, set, & number. Just easier for me to file and find cards.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Mine are organized in player binders for each of the 200+ different players that I collect. All others are stored by set with the players arranged alphabetically within each set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I have sets of collections for Hall-of-Famers, Retired Super Stars, Retired Stars, Active Stars and Rising Stars.  Each of those sets have multiple binders holding players alphabetically.  I do not arrange a player's cards in any order other than placing all of their rookie cards on the first page.  I began collecting in the 1980's and have several hundred players in my collection with only about 14,000 cards.

Commons are sorted by year. Earlier this year I started grouping by team and trying to sell 2021 team bundles on eBay just to get them out of my way.

I have a lot of cards and the stars are located in boxes by year..refractors by year..
[Image: IMG-1251.jpg]

My PC is in binders by year and by manufacturers..cards are in order including parallels. Binders are stored laying horizontal in binder covers to keep some of the dust off. Each binder has a title page with the order of the cards. OCD huh??

[Image: IMG-1241.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1240.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1239.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1238.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1237.jpg]

Currently small piles on my desk and staggered on top of each other by era, set, or player.

No choice for "totally haphazardly" or "not at all"?

I do alphabetically by last name first letter and store toploads in IKEA drawer system
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)