`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players that skip AS Game

Players that skip AS Game
I have an idea on how to penalize players that skip the All-Star game who aren't hurt, or without a legitimate excuse like a family emergency, or the birth of a child.

Take away the AS selection.  That way when you look back on his career the number of AS teams they make will be diminished.  Something money can't buy or impact, but this may impact some players' HOF candidacies.

However, I don't advocate for docking pitchers that can't play in the game since they pitched the Sunday before.  It's simply a stupid rule!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: Players that skip AS Game
I don't understand why there would be a need to penalize someone in the first place for this.

(08-05-2022, 07:44 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I don't understand why there would be a need to penalize someone in the first place for this.

I don't either, its up to them if they wish to play or not... I honestly don't care about the ASG honestly.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(08-05-2022, 07:44 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I don't understand why there would be a need to penalize someone in the first place for this.
Some contracts have incentives that players are paid if they make the AS game.  Maybe sweeten the pot if they actually play in the game.  Personally, I don't care if they show up or not - it's just an exhibition game.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.