Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MehFest 2022 - Leaf Draft Yellow and Pro Set Green

MehFest 2022 - Leaf Draft Yellow and Pro Set Green
Friends in football,

Over the weekend, I tried three of the green Pro Set Draft "blasters" and one of the yellow Leaf Draft "blasters" ... I should have read the fine print both on the box and in these threads, as these are literally just two autos and a chrome card per box.

(I panicked when I opened my one and only Leaf Yellow because I thought someone must have stolen the 10-card base set and resealed it ... double checked the contents on the outside of the box and sure enough, there are no base sets in these boxes!)

Leaf Yellow:

Chrome - Treylon Burks purple of some kind (Titans rookie WR)

Pro Set Green:

Chrome ...

Kyle McCord purple of some kind (NIL backup QB, Ohio State - WTF)
Isaiah Spiller cracked ice of some kind (Chargers rookie RB)

And ...

Caleb Williams purple of some kind (NIL QB - USC transfer) - pretty happy with this, considering some of the less desirable names on the checklist, like Kyle McCord

As for autos?

Basically got all second and third round offensive linemen and defensive players, nobody PC, so very meh, not bad, not great

Couple of NIL college dudes who will be starters on defense, again, meh, and one 3-time all-conference TE coming back for a fifth season ... meh

I'm definitely done with these, one card I was really happy with for $84+ is not a good ratio.

RE: MehFest 2022 - Leaf Draft Yellow and Pro Set Green
I've had pretty good luck out of those - got a Top 10 pick auto (an offensive linesman but nice to get a top 10 pick out of retail), a first round defensive player auto, several second to fourth round skill players including a Breece Hall (after which I was done with the Gold Blasters - no sense in buying anymore because I got the card I wanted), and some interesting NIL names.

I think I'm done buying them though - individual cards are a much better deal

(07-29-2022, 08:56 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I've had pretty good luck out of those - got a Top 10 pick auto (an offensive linesman but nice to get a top 10 pick out of retail), a first round defensive player auto, several second to fourth round skill players including a Breece Hall (after which I was done with the Gold Blasters - no sense in buying anymore because I got the card I wanted), and some interesting NIL names.

I think I'm done buying them though - individual cards are a much better deal
Congrats on the Breece, I think he's going to be very good - always great to get a PC guy, too!

(07-29-2022, 09:14 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Congrats on the Breece, I think he's going to be very good - always great to get a PC guy, too!
The Breece I got is also a red parallel - always good to get a team color parallel!

(08-04-2022, 03:06 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: The Breece I got is also a red parallel - always good to get a team color parallel!
That's the latest Gem Fire Bro designation on eBay ... "Color Match"

LOL

As if we can't see from the picture that it's the same color ...

(08-04-2022, 04:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That's the latest Gem Fire Bro designation on eBay ... "Color Match"

LOL

As if we can't see from the picture that it's the same color ...
I do like it when you have color parallels that go good with a the team's colors, but they generally wind up looking ludicrous for every other team.  

And really, they aren't really color match - I got some green Prizm Eagles and they look good, but they don't actually match the Eagles uniform - it's a completely different shade of green.

Also I paid a dollar apiece for them, so they are hardly "FIRE!!!"

(08-16-2022, 02:17 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I do like it when you have color parallels that go good with a the team's colors, but they generally wind up looking ludicrous for every other team.  

And really, they aren't really color match - I got some green Prizm Eagles and they look good, but they don't actually match the Eagles uniform - it's a completely different shade of green.

Also I paid a dollar apiece for them, so they are hardly "FIRE!!!"
I scour the bay at night for cheap deals, and I'll see a 1990 Donruss Bob Tewksbury common thrashed all to hell, listed for the low low low starting bid of $4.99, with nothing but FIRE emojis all over the description.

Gotta love these new collectors, bless their hearts.

(08-16-2022, 02:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I scour the bay at night for cheap deals, and I'll see a 1990 Donruss Bob Tewksbury common thrashed all to hell, listed for the low low low starting bid of $4.99, with nothing but FIRE emojis all over the description.

Gotta love these new collectors, bless their hearts.
But its Gem Fire Bro, Gem Fire.  A Sure PSA 10???  Total Banger.

Meanwhile I paid $3 for a Leaf Romeo Doubs NIL auto - he is definitely going to see extensive playing time at wide receiver and could well end up starting for the Packers this year.  At $3 it's a pretty low risk.

(08-17-2022, 01:20 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: But its Gem Fire Bro, Gem Fire.  A Sure PSA 10???  Total Banger.

Meanwhile I paid $3 for a Leaf Romeo Doubs NIL auto - he is definitely going to see extensive playing time at wide receiver and could well end up starting for the Packers this year.  At $3 it's a pretty low risk.
Wow, that's a steal, he's very good ... great pickup there.

Though A-A-Ron did recently complain about his young receivers - oh, the irony ... if he wouldn't have taken $200 million when they were already $50 million over the cap, they could have kept Davante Adams!