`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retail Blaster Breakds: Bowman U 1x, Sage Hi Series 1x, Leaf Draft Gold Box 2x

RE: Retail Blaster Breakds: Bowman U 1x, Sage Hi Series 1x, Leaf Draft Gold Box 2x
I think I'm understanding the appeal of prospecting on the MLB side of things.

RE: Retail Blaster Breakds: Bowman U 1x, Sage Hi Series 1x, Leaf Draft Gold Box 2x
(01-30-2023, 04:18 PM)jplarson Wrote: I think I'm understanding the appeal of prospecting on the MLB side of things.
Facts

Though there's going to be a burnout stage when some college freshman ends up having 3 years' worth of NIL cards before going pro.

(01-30-2023, 04:25 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Facts

Though there's going to be a burnout stage when some college freshman ends up having 3 years' worth of NIL cards before going pro.
I already pulled Spencer Rattler and Jaden Daniels autos from 2023 Sage - after pulling Rattler and Daniels from 2022 Sage - both are still going to be in college next year (Rattler will be a true senior, Daniels on an extra COVID year).

Both will have at least two years old NIL cards before making it to the NFL draft.

And now you're going to have more and more NIL cards with the college team license, so the "DRAFT" products are likely going to have little interest unless somehow a First Round Quarterback hasn't done NIL cards.

Apparently some of the NIL deals being given out are paying as much as what late round NFL draft picks are making.

(01-30-2023, 05:44 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I already pulled Spencer Rattler and Jaden Daniels autos from 2023 Sage - after pulling Rattler and Daniels from 2022 Sage - both are still going to be in college next year (Rattler will be a true senior, Daniels on an extra COVID year).

Both will have at least two years old NIL cards before making it to the NFL draft.

And now you're going to have more and more NIL cards with the college team license, so the "DRAFT" products are likely going to have little interest unless somehow a First Round Quarterback hasn't done NIL cards.

Apparently some of the NIL deals being given out are paying as much as what late round NFL draft picks are making.
Yep, like with all cool things card related, someone will overdo it and then it will suck.

I am looking forward to some Caleb Williams USC Bowman Chrome cards, though ... I only have Oklahoma stuff so far.

(01-30-2023, 05:54 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, like with all cool things card related, someone will overdo it and then it will suck.

I am looking forward to some Caleb Williams USC Bowman Chrome cards, though ... I only have Oklahoma stuff so far.
The NIL means that the Draft products are losing almost all of their reason to exist - to appeal to the college collectors and fans of various college teams and to be early autos out.

But I don't think there is a single 2024 First Round quarterback prospect that doesn't already have multiple autograph cards out.

But I have no doubt that Panini will still be making them as long as they can.

(01-31-2023, 09:58 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: The NIL means that the Draft products are losing almost all of their reason to exist - to appeal to the college collectors and fans of various college teams and to be early autos out.

But I don't think there is a single 2024 First Round quarterback prospect that doesn't already have multiple autograph cards out.

But I have no doubt that Panini will still be making them as long as they can.
Well, redemptions of autos as long as they can, but I see your point.