`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 value packs of 2022 Chronicles Draft Picks

5 value packs of 2022 Chronicles Draft Picks
Picked these up at Target today.  A  lot different than last year.  Last years set was rookies only with numbering 1-xxx (not all brands being 1-xx).  This year each brand set is numbered 1-xx.  Some of the brands like Donruss Retro, Score Retro and XR are only veterans.  Playoff seems to be both veterans and rookies.  The rest look like they are rookies only.

I seemed to be a Sam Howell magnet, getting 5 different ones.  4 different Kayvon Thibodeaux (never heard of him), 3 of quite a few others.

And who the heck is Bailey Zappe (looked up, Patriots).

Nothing spectacular about this product.  Whether or not I buy anymore depends on whether I have the itch to open something.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: 5 value packs of 2022 Chronicles Draft Picks
Yeah, I noticed that with last year’s product … especially the jumbos, they usually had 2-3 cards of the same player in the same pack.

I opened seven of the new 2022s today and got at least five Matt Corral and Malik Willis cards, but only one Aidan Hutchinson (Playbook) for my Lions PC and one Drake London (Status) for my USC PC.

I did manage 3-4 different Jameson Williams for my Lions PC as well, including one “Chrome” card - Phoenix.

I don’t think I’ll do any more of these though … not really feeling the multiple Jerry Rice and Brett Favre cards I pulled that have used the same photo in every draft product going back about 3-4 years.

No numbered cards or prizms that I can recall, and certainly no autos or mem cards.

Very much a “I came, I saw, I left” feel to them … enough good stuff that I feel like I got my money’s worth but not exciting enough to keep looking for them.

With everything stated above, I think I will steer clear of Chronicles DP this year and just pick up a couple of singles of Olave and Wilson for the PC. Maybe I'll save up for a discounted box of 2022 Select this time next year LOL.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(07-18-2022, 01:16 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, I noticed that with last year’s product … especially the jumbos, they usually had 2-3 cards of the same player in the same pack.

I opened seven of the new 2022s today and got at least five Matt Corral and Malik Willis cards, but only one Aidan Hutchinson (Playbook) for my Lions PC and one Drake London (Status) for my USC PC.

I did manage 3-4 different Jameson Williams for my Lions PC as well, including one “Chrome” card - Phoenix.

I don’t think I’ll do any more of these though … not really feeling the multiple Jerry Rice and Brett Favre cards I pulled that have used the same photo in every draft product going back about 3-4 years.

No numbered cards or prizms that I can recall, and certainly no autos or mem cards.

Very much a “I came, I saw, I left” feel to them … enough good stuff that I feel like I got my money’s worth but not exciting enough to keep looking for them.
Looks like that will be standard with Panini retail regarding numbered cards.  Looks like the will be hobby exclusive inserts. I got the Hutchinson Recon, Prestige and Chronicles  and the London Recon and Playoff that I will set aside for you if you want me to.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I found and bought two blasters of that stuff - price at Target was $24.99 and they were an absolute rip off at that price (especially with the hobby boxes being under $140) since the only thing the blasters has is a couple of exclusive card sets

if you're going to buy this stuff, you definitely want to buy it in hobby boxes where you are guaranteed autographs, a memorabilia card, and numbered parallels.

(07-18-2022, 07:58 AM)dogger99 Wrote: Looks like that will be standard with Panini retail regarding numbered cards.  Looks like the will be hobby exclusive inserts. I got the Hutchinson Recon, Prestige and Chronicles  and the London Recon and Playoff that I will set aside for you if you want me to.
Sure, that would be great, thanks!