`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Topps Gypsy Queen GQ Gems numbering scheme wrong in OPG?

2022 Topps Gypsy Queen GQ Gems numbering scheme wrong in OPG?
I just bought my first packs of 2022 Gypsy Queen.  I ended up with 3 GQ Gems minis.  The numbers on the back appear to be:
GGM-##, however, the OPG shows an entirely different number.  Examples:

Tatis JR.  Card shows GGM-3, but OPG shows #267.
Arenado card shows GGM-8, but OPG shows #284.
Kirilloff card shows GGM-22, but OPG shows #234.

RE: 2022 Topps Gypsy Queen GQ Gems numbering scheme wrong in OPG?
Yes, that happens..Topps #s and the #s they send out on the release sheet can be different.  I know of a few examples, happens with Panini most often though..and sometimes with the autos..

And COMC numbering is different from any of it..so you can not directly copy a Beckett listing into COMC and get the card..they add hypens etc to the listing...

Sometimes I think they are doing it on purpose to keep us on our toes..HA HA

(06-19-2022, 05:31 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Yes, that happens..Topps #s and the #s they send out on the release sheet can be different.  I know of a few examples, happens with Panini most often though..and sometimes with the autos..

And COMC numbering is different from any of it..so you can not directly copy a Beckett listing into COMC and get the card..they add hypens etc to the listing...

Sometimes I think they are doing it on purpose to keep us on our toes..HA HA
Thanks. Yeah, they sure can't make it easy on us.  Big Grin

I have seen MANY cases where Beckett's numbering doesn't match what's on the card. I'm sure some of it is because the initial list that is sent out does not reflect the final numbering on the cards. Sometimes, Beckett corrects it (such as the 2007-08 Ultra Season Crowns where the numbering on the jersey cards did not match what was online), but frequently Beckett does not (almost anything made by Panini where Beckett puts a number and the card has letters). This makes it very hard to search in the database, especially if the description, insert set name, etc. that Beckett has also does not match what is on the card (often a space is added or removed).

I just sent Sam Zimmer a message regarding this and another missing list of See The Future. Hopefully it gets fixed.

(06-22-2022, 10:26 AM)Simpleton Wrote: I just sent Sam Zimmer a message regarding this and another missing list of See The Future. Hopefully it gets fixed.
I think the deal with the See the Future cards is they're listed as crystal gazing or something strange like that. I got 2 in my box last night and was able to find them eventually.

(06-22-2022, 11:33 AM)mizzouman_2000@hotmai Wrote: I think the deal with the See the Future cards is they're listed as crystal gazing or something strange like that. I got 2 in my box last night and was able to find them eventually.
Yes, listed as Crystal Gazing Die Cuts