`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few hangers of 2021 Prizm

Few hangers of 2021 Prizm
Was at Walmart this afternoon when the shelves were getting loaded.  She was having trouble finding space for everything.  The left 1/3 was M&M's.  The right 1/3 was post cards, shot glasses, etc. The middle 3rd was for cards: sports and non-sports.  They are going to have to start putting the damn M&M's on the candy aisle where they belong.  Anyways there were a couple of kids hanging/waiting to see if there was going to be any Prizm football.  That is all they were interested in.  If they were telling the truth, they were going to open (along with some other friends) the cards.  And one admitted if he hit a big card, he would sell it (no problem there).  There was 2 cases of the hangers.  There were also megaboxes.  I went ahead an got 3 hangers just to open some Prizm football (first time since 2018).  Didn't hang around to see if there were blasters.  They two kids said they were going to take the rest.  Guess those paper routes pay good money these days.

Saw that the base and a few inserts were priced in Beckett.  Looks like I will definitely have more in value than I paid (probably 3x).  20 cards per hanger ($21.99): 1 green, 1 silver, 4 red ice, 1 insert, 1 RC and 12 base.  Good luck to the set collectors.  I did get 1 good RC out of the 3, Najee Harris along with Trey Lance Emergent and Prizm Break Herbert.  Got a Trey Sermon Rookie Prizm Variation (not priced yet so don't know if that is a good one or not yet).

For those looking for #d cards and autos, not going to find them here. Back of the box makes no mention of them.

I would like to know what the heck David Carr is doing in this.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Few hangers of 2021 Prizm
Hey nice job finding some Prizm! Online Target sold out of what they had super fast. It's rough getting 2021 products when a bunch of offseason 2022 stuff has already happened. Looking at the Bears for example:

156 Allen Robinson II - gone
157 Darnell Mooney
159 Jimmy Graham - gone
160 David Montgomery
161 Andy Dalton - gone
162 Akiem Hicks - gone
163 Khalil Mack - gone
164 Roquan Smith
165 Walter Payton
334 Justin Fields RC
425 Khalil Herbert RC
427 Dazz Newsome RC

Bears get 1 retired guy (albeit the best one for the franchise).

I never even saw them pop up on target. I did get a couple blasters from fanatics during the product drop. Hope to have them next week.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

If you're going to move that stuff, move it fast - it's value is going to fall off a cliff once people realize how many of those cards are out there (the Silver Prizms especially)

I'm not sure I'd even buy Prizm if I saw it in the store now - and I like Prizm, but it is way too expensive for the content it provides now.

And if you think the Bears list is bad, the Eagles in Prizm include Jaime Newman RC (cut before Training Camp even began, LOL)

(06-21-2022, 08:16 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: If you're going to move that stuff, move it fast - it's value is going to fall off a cliff once people realize how many of those cards are out there (the Silver Prizms especially)

I'm not sure I'd even buy Prizm if I saw it in the store now - and I like Prizm, but it is way too expensive for the content it provides now.

And if you think the Bears list is bad, the Eagles in Prizm include Jaime Newman RC (cut before Training Camp even began, LOL)
I'm just building a collection, not really moving anything, unless the price is right (for me of course).  If I get anything worth while, I will likely have it graded, but I am not at all expecting anything major out of Prizm.  It's just nice to be able to rip something at retail value versus what I am seeing these things sell for on eBay.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(06-21-2022, 09:19 AM)Speak917 Wrote: I'm just building a collection, not really moving anything, unless the price is right (for me of course).  If I get anything worth while, I will likely have it graded, but I am not at all expecting anything major out of Prizm.  It's just nice to be able to rip something at retail value versus what I am seeing these things sell for on eBay.
I'm planning on picking up the individual cards I want out of the dollar bin next year.