`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Best Pull Ever From a Rite-Aid $5 Mixer!

My Best Pull Ever From a Rite-Aid $5 Mixer!
Friends,

I've posted many times about how much I enjoy the $5 Rite-Aid football mixers ... you usually get 50 or so random cards (though the last few I've gotten have, like, 25) and every once in a while you get a "hit."

Usually, the hits are cards of like the guy who once got kicked out of a game for kicking another guy in the berries, as you may remember ...

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1618187.html

But yesterday, I pulled the best card I've ever received out of one of these things.

I had to read the front and back of the card about three times to make sure I was looking at the right player ...

[Image: Davante-Adams-Crop-Small.jpg] 

Davante Adams 2014 Turkey Red rookie auto!

The corners are a bit rough, but for a grand investment of $5 and change, I'll take it!

RE: My Best Pull Ever From a Rite-Aid $5 Mixer!
Wow, nice card - I love that Turkey Red set and that is one of the best players in it

(03-28-2022, 01:34 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Wow, nice card - I love that Turkey Red set and that is one of the best players in it
I was legit stunned for sure.

Nice card for sure. I'm mad at him because I am Packers fan. My son said he still likes him, but he is dead to me.

(03-28-2022, 01:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I was legit stunned for sure.
Also, LOL at that linked thread - I'm upset that Logan Thomas has completed some passes as a tight end thus ruining the oddity of having his only completed NFL pass go for an 81 yard touchdown

Congratulations! That has got to be the best bang-for-your-buck pull of all breaks.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(03-28-2022, 02:05 PM)akaus Wrote: Nice card for sure. I'm mad at him because I am Packers fan. My son said he still likes him, but he is dead to me.
Don't blame Davante, blame your quarterback.

A-A-Ron could have gone to his new BFFs the GM and head coach and said, "restructure my deal however you need to in order to keep Davante" ... as Brady and others have done countless times to keep teammates from leaving ... but instead he decided he needed another $200 million when they were already $50 million over the cap.

So the best they could offer Davante was the 1-year franchise tag, which every player hates because of lack of security, so what was he supposed to do?

That's like your parents telling you that the reason you got socks and underwear for Christmas is because that's the only way they could afford a bike for your brother. 

But I am excited to see what Adams can do with his college QB in Mr. Carr - should be pretty fun barring injury.

(03-28-2022, 02:08 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Also, LOL at that linked thread - I'm upset that Logan Thomas has completed some passes as a tight end thus ruining the oddity of having his only completed NFL pass go for an 81 yard touchdown
It's like those guys that get a hit in their only MLB at-bat and retire batting 1.000.

(03-28-2022, 02:23 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Congratulations! That has got to be the best bang-for-your-buck pull of all breaks.
It's been topped by only one other - still my favorite to this day given the crazy circumstances ...

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1530877.html

But that was an $11.99 multi-packer, this one came out of a single $5 mixer, so technically you are correct.

(03-28-2022, 02:49 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's been topped by only one other - still my favorite to this day given the crazy circumstances ...

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1530877.html

But that was an $11.99 multi-packer, this one came out of a single $5 mixer, so technically you are correct.
You know it was a long time ago, when you are saying nice things about Panini.