`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1984 fleer commons random rate spike?

1984 fleer commons random rate spike?
Whats the deal with these?  It's been 2 weeks and I assume it's an error that will be corrected back to their normal 15 cent value, but can anyone think of any other explanation?  I did some research on both and came up empty.

#182 Glenn Hubbard, showing $15.
#495 Jay Johnstone, showing $8.

RE: 1984 fleer commons random rate spike?
Is the glenn hubbard the one that shows him with a boa contrictor on the card, maybe a specialized card collector wants them that bad for a unique pc.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

They're both pretty in line with recent ebay sales. Are oddball pictures the new rage now?
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

(02-15-2022, 10:28 AM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: Is the glenn hubbard the one that shows him with a boa contrictor on the card, maybe a specialized card collector wants them that bad for a unique pc.
 Yep, that's the one.  I hadn't even noticed both were oddball cards.  The Jay card is the one with the beer hat, so I guess that makes sense, but still seems high, when compared to the stars / rookies of the set.

(02-15-2022, 10:33 AM)flood and fire Wrote: They're both pretty in line with recent ebay sales.  Are oddball pictures the new rage now?

This wouldn't surprise me.  Wasn't there and Allen and Ginter card of an egg that was selling for hundreds of dollars a year or two ago?

(02-15-2022, 10:51 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: This wouldn't surprise me.  Wasn't there and Allen and Ginter card of an egg that was selling for hundreds of dollars a year or two ago?
It is still selling or listing for a lot of $$..strange!!!

(02-15-2022, 12:01 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: It is still selling or listing for a lot of $$..strange!!!
My guess is probably not but who knows.  I haven't actually looked at that since the last time someone mentioned it on here which I feel like was over a year and a half ago.

(02-15-2022, 12:01 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: It is still selling or listing for a lot of $$..strange!!!

That Cryptocurrency card is selling for even more than the Egg card.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(02-15-2022, 10:51 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: This wouldn't surprise me.  Wasn't there and Allen and Ginter card of an egg that was selling for hundreds of dollars a year or two ago?
Egg Card was originally listed for sale (sold) as part of an effort to raise money for charity to get kids interested in cards.

A lot of oddball cards are now deemed as interesting/rare and have seen spikes.  Not really "rare", but if you don't do your homework...........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-15-2022, 04:00 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Egg Card was originally listed for sale (sold) as part of an effort to raise money for charity to get kids interested in cards.

OK that makes sense.  I do recall hearing something about the charity effort, just didn't know it had to do with the egg card.

Looking at completed listings, the egg card is no longer a big deal, though apparently there are SP versions that sell for a little more than the base.  The crypto card sells for a lot more than I would have thought.