`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck and delayed product.

Upper Deck and delayed product.
So as most of you know, Upper Deck has delayed everything, most by months or in the case of 2020-21 SP Authentic maybe close to a year.  They blame it on supply chain issues and the pandemic.  If that is so why aren't Topps and Panini have delays that are as long.  How long until Hockey card collectors give up and just stop waiting and stop buying.  I think part of the problem maybe UD having trouble getting the $$$ together to get the product printed.  Please prove me wrong, UD.

RE: Upper Deck and delayed product.
(02-07-2022, 10:22 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: So as most of you know, Upper Deck has delayed everything, most by months or in the case of 2020-21 SP Authentic maybe close to a year.  They blame it on supply chain issues and the pandemic.  If that is so why aren't Topps and Panini have delays that are as long.  How long until Hockey card collectors give up and just stop waiting and stop buying.  I think part of the problem maybe UD having trouble getting the $$$ together to get the product printed.  Please prove me wrong, UD.

It's not a cash flow issue.

There are material shortages on foils and acetate was a big one. Then there was the issue of finding a printer. UD is now using printers in Canada, Italy, Germany, etc. to try to get cards printed. Panini (according to rumors) has 'commandeered' their printer and locked out other manufacturers for the time being, at a premium, of course.

Hockey collectors won't give up and stop buying. MVP has been strong and the RCs are selling like mad. I got $175 for a Trevor Zegras Colors and Contours /250 the other night...

In a few months, this will likely all be behind us and nobody will ever remember the 'black out' of releases...
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

RE: Upper Deck and delayed product.
Panini football products are also seriously delayed - they are several months behind their release schedule and will likely be releasing 2021 products after the 2022 NFL draft at this rate.