Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Where It's Due - COMC shipping

Credit Where It's Due - COMC shipping
Friends,

If I'm going to make the effort to complain when things don't go right in the hobby, I should take the time to shout out when they do go well.

So I have been looking to beef up my Sacramento Kings PC (I know, I know ... I was raised there, I can't help it)

Particularly, I wanted to pick up affordable cards of the Rochester Royals, Cincinnati Royals and Kansas City Kings, the previous locations of the franchise.

Most of the big names were in an Action Packed Hall of Fame set from a few years back, as well as some more recent Panini sets - no problem there.

The one highly important player that was difficult to find was Hall of Famer Maurice Stokes, who eventually died at a tragically young age due to complications from a brain injury he suffered in a game.

(And if you want to learn more, look up how Royals teammate Jack Twyman became his caretaker in his final years ... pretty emotional stuff.)

At first the only card of Stokes I could find was his pricy vintage rookie card, and I have been trying to do this project on a budget, so that wasn't going to work.

I saw exactly ONE other Stokes card on eBay - a serial numbered single from the 2009-10 Panini Hall of Fame set.

It was not listed for sale on Beckett, nor did anyone have it marked for trade.

The only option?

COMC, with all of its well-documented shipping issues.

But for around $10 shipped, especially due to the fact that this was the only copy of this card I could find anywhere, I went for it.

I ordered it late on January 31 - and had it in hand by February 7!!!

Not to mention, all those horror stories about their shady shipping practices with no toploaders and what not - no worries here, it was in a toploader, team bag and supported by another empty toploader (worth gold these days).

The card is beautiful and in mint condition as far as I can tell.

Can't believe I'm saying it, but ... great job, COMC!

RE: Credit Where It's Due - COMC shipping
Nice!!

They've even been pretty good recently with their eBay consignments. For a long time I cringed when something I wanted popped up from them, but I gave it another go and I had it in hand in 5 business days.
Kepler

(02-10-2022, 11:19 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: They've even been pretty good recently with their eBay consignments. For a long time I cringed when something I wanted popped up from them, but I gave it another go and I had it in hand in 5 business days.
I was stunned, in a good way.

I literally have not seen a single copy of the card anywhere else and it's a major PC add - delivered quickly, safely and well-packaged.

Yeah... for some reason COMC's shipping times seem to be MUCH better when ordering via eBay than with their own site. Not sure how that makes sense, but it is definitely a thing.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(02-16-2022, 04:10 PM)hempick Wrote: Yeah...    for some reason COMC's shipping times seem to be MUCH better when ordering via eBay than with their own site.  Not sure how that makes sense, but it is definitely a thing.
Based on the great job they did last time, I just ordered another card today.

Hopefully they come through again.

I got an order from COMC recently that wasn't shipped for a couple days after I ordered, but then was shipped out and arrived quickly. Sleeves and top loaders for everything, too! (3 adds to a Panthers collection).
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(02-20-2022, 07:26 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I got an order from COMC recently that wasn't shipped for a couple days after I ordered, but then was shipped out and arrived quickly. Sleeves and top loaders for everything, too! (3 adds to a Panthers collection).
Check this out - I ordered a card on Friday (as in, three days ago) ... and got it today.

Unreal!

I'm going to do another post on it, they deserve props for it.