`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Target Online Order - Very Pleased!

First Target Online Order - Very Pleased!
Friends,

So I finally tried the Target online ordering thing - 3 jumbo packs of 2020-21 Mosaic basketball.

12 cards in the regular pack + 1 pack of 3 camo pink parallels for $15 apiece - not exactly cheap.

So I was absolutely thrilled to pull the one RC I really wanted - LaMelo Ball in the second regular pack!

With only 2-3 RCs in each jumbo, this was not an easy pull, as there are 45 RCs in the set.

I was also stoked to pull a pink camo "National Pride" subset card of LaMelo in the third bonus pack.

My other decent pull was a James Wiseman base RC for my Warriors PC - the jury is still out on him but he should be pretty good when he returns from injury.

Otherwise, no other great pulls to speak of.

I'd give this break an A-minus for two reasons:

- 3 duplicate base cards in one of the regular packs ... in a 300-card set, this should not happen in a 45-card allotment
- 12 days for shipping ... WTF, I know it was free, but then again I had to buy enough packs to qualify for free shipping, so ... WTF  

Very pleased on the whole - this was a good test run for Hoops and Donruss, I really don't want to battle the DBN for them all season long.

RE: First Target Online Order - Very Pleased!
Really nice pulls.

I wonder, though, were the packs being sold by Target or were they by a third party seller on the Target site? If it is the latter, that could explain the high price.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(01-26-2022, 12:19 PM)hempick Wrote: Really nice pulls.

I wonder, though, were the packs being sold by Target or were they by a third party seller on the Target site?  If it is the latter, that could explain the high price.
From Target directly - the Mosaic baseball jumbos in the physical store are the same price.

I would never pay a Doosh Bag Network markup under any circumstances.

If everyone followed my lead when this whole thing began, the DBN would not exist.

And, we wouldn't have to order online and wait 12 days for shipping.

I went to a local Target yesterday - had a ton of Illusions Basketball fat packs - and you know how many I got? Zero.

I might have gotten a couple, but it looks like the DBN pack searching team was already through there

(01-27-2022, 09:59 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I went to a local Target yesterday - had a ton of Illusions Basketball fat packs - and you know how many I got?  Zero.

I might have gotten a couple, but it looks like the DBN pack searching team was already through there
Well, yeah.

Pack searching dooshes have been promoted to the rank of sergeant of the DBN.

(01-27-2022, 09:59 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I went to a local Target yesterday - had a ton of Illusions Basketball fat packs - and you know how many I got? Zero.

Pack searching is still a thing? I didn't think that stuff happened anymore.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(01-27-2022, 04:07 PM)hempick Wrote: Pack searching is still a thing?  I didn't think that stuff happened anymore.
Yeah, when I encounter them, first I cuss them out, then I report them to security.

(01-27-2022, 04:07 PM)hempick Wrote: Pack searching is still a thing?  I didn't think that stuff happened anymore.
While i cannot say for certain it was pack searchers, the packs definitely looked like someone handled them pretty roughly - you could see where someone had obviously felt the packs all up - and pack searches are the most likely explanation

Also people were limited to five total items - which met that the DBN probably searched the packs to decide which one to buy - I didn't even get one because none of the blasters interested me (WWF, Archives Baseball (hobby boxes of it are cheap and have guaranteed autos, and MLS Topps Chrome) and the packs were apparently manhandled by someone