`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it an Illusion?

Is it an Illusion?
Yes it was as in blasters of 2021 Illusion football.  Would normally have bought 2 maybe 3 at the long ago price of $19.99.  But at $27.99 (6 packs, 6 cards/pack) only bought 1 blaster.  And most likely that will be it unless I am impressed with the product and value.  Other than Score, not building the sets anymore.  Just too expensive.  So other than Aggies an J.J. Watt, all will be in the ORG for trade.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Is it an Illusion?
Got the value out of it (almost $200 bv). But I hate the way they do the base cards with the font and background the same color. You have to angle it in the light or just flip it over to read the name. I might stop in and see if any are left and grab another one, though I doubt I will match the inserts I got in this blaster.
Notable RC's: Jones, Fields, Mond (PC)
Inserts (this is where I got some good value):
Dots: Rashod Bateman
Emerald: Herbert, Etienne, Book
Illusionists: Etienne
King of Cards: Burrow, Herbert (Emerald)
Ruby /125: Justin Jefferson
Shining Stars: Trevor Lawrence, Tom Brady (Emerald, PC)
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

You pretty much knocked the inserts out of the park - Herbert and Burrow - the two best young quarterbacks not named Patrick Mahomes and Brady plus a Lawrence. Decent numbered card as well

Not that I expect to see anything - the last blasters I saw out in public were WWE Heritage, MVP Hockey, the Pro Set 10 card set plus Jersey Card hockey, and some Panini Baseball.

I haven't seen any football cards in months - and it has been since before Christmas 2020 that I saw a football blaster out in public at retail (and that was Sage)

Actually got lucky yesterday. Went to the same WalMart that had the Illusions (checked a couple of days prior and the rest were gone, kind of glad) to get something my mom needed. Checked the shelf as I always do, though not expecting anything since they usually put out stuff on Tuesday and Friday (I think unless they try to change it up). There were 3 blasters of Donruss, $28. Not even going to bother trying to build the set (since I probably won't see them again anyway), so I grabbed 2 of them. Haven't opened them yet. Still have a Illusions Mega of basketball (bought 2) that I haven't opened up and kind of wish I hadn't bought. But that happens when you go for so long without seeing anything you want. End up buying something just to open something. Hell, last year I bought some Donruss racing (actually got good value). Hadn't bought any racing since the mid-90's.