`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fleer ultra

fleer ultra
Just bought newest baseball price guide and it doesn't include any Fleer Ultra card sets unlike the football price guide. 
is this oversite or planned. if oversite any fix in the future?
thank you

RE: fleer ultra
(01-12-2022, 08:15 AM)boltsfanrob Wrote: Just bought newest baseball price guide and it doesn't include any Fleer Ultra card sets unlike the football price guide. 
is this oversite or planned. if oversite any fix in the future?
thank you

What years of Ultra are you looking for?

Assuming you're talking about the monthly magazine, my guess is that with so many sets out there and even more being added every year, they probably removed some older ones in order to save space instead of printing the equivalent of an old school department store Christmas catalog.  If you're looking for printed copies and not the online price guide, they more than likely have it in their annual guide.

@ricelynnevans75 is correct. Every month it seems more sets are cut from the monthly price guide to make room for new sets. The Fleer Ultra sets you are looking for will be in the Almanac. I love the Almanac if for nothing more than it is a complete checklist for every set. Obviously, pricing isn't nearly as up to date, but even the monthly isn't good for that. Searching ebay sold listings is the best way to get an idea of market value. But of course I still love the print price guide so I have a monthly subscription, but also keep an Almanac handy as well. The nice thing is that if you are using the Almanac as a reference/checklist, you really don't need a new one every year. Use the monthly for newer sets, and then just get a new Almanac every few years.

The large, annual, baseball beckett (Hank Aaron on cover) doesn't have Ultra

(01-12-2022, 11:19 AM)ashlandmark Wrote: The large, annual, baseball beckett (Hank Aaron on cover) doesn't have Ultra
You need the Almanac. It has Vlad Jr. on the cover this year.

(01-12-2022, 11:19 AM)ashlandmark Wrote: The large, annual,  baseball beckett (Hank Aaron on cover) doesn't have Ultra
Throwing this out there.  Maybe you are already doing this.  Make sure you look under Ultra, not Fleer Ultra.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(01-12-2022, 10:00 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Throwing this out there.  Maybe you are already doing this.  Make sure you look under Ultra, not Fleer Ultra.
Yes of course. It's not there.

I guess I have to shell out a little more for the almanc, but the ones I've seen are sealed so couldn't make sure. Definitely don't want to buy it if they're not there too.

(Same for Pinnacle and Select and 91 and later Leaf too, not in the annual)

(01-13-2022, 01:22 AM)ashlandmark Wrote: Yes of course. It's not there.

I guess I have to shell out a little more for the almanc, but the ones I've seen are sealed so couldn't make sure. Definitely don't want to buy it if they're not there too.

(Same for Pinnacle and Select and 91 and later Leaf too, not in the annual)
I have the Almanac. All those sets are definitely in there. The Almanac has virtually every set ever made from oddball releases to all the major releases. That's what makes it such a good resource. Pinnacle, Select, Ultra, etc...are mainstream sets. The Almanac includes sets like the 1906 Mother's A's team set. So rest assured all the major releases are there.

You can get the Almanac for $35 shipped on ebay. And you don't have to worry about how recent it is (it was released in August I think) because it's usefulness will last for many years until the monthly gets so far out in front that it starts dropping sets that came out after your Almanac did. So $35 isn't that bad.