`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pour one out for our friend CMC22

Pour one out for our friend CMC22
Just heard McCaffrey was done for the year.  Hopefully he heals up well and the Panthers maybe share the load a bit?  Dude is awesome but too many touches in a short time will ruin health.

RE: Pour one out for our friend CMC22
Appreciate it, JP. At this point I'm over this season. 5-5, had a chance against not one but two okay teams, and blew both of them. Can't protect Sam, can't protect Christian, can't protect Cam. This team needs to invest heavily in o-line. Too much talent to be 5-7. The coaching staff needs an overhaul. With Cutcliffe out as Duke's head coach, maybe there's an opening for Matt Rhule there (wishful thinking).
As for Christian, he's used way too much. That many touches, you'll get hurt at some point. It's upsetting, because he's the best overall RB in the league when healthy. At least Chuba Hubbard's looked ok as his backup, but no one can do anything with an o-line like the one in Charlotte. Half a game out of the playoffs, but at this point, it's over.
Next year, with a good o-line and a coaching overhaul, this team legitimately could be playoff contenders. 2023? Even the Super Bowl. It's been like this for years. Carolina's always had great talent but poor coaching.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(11-29-2021, 03:31 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote:  Half a game out of the playoffs, but at this point, it's over.
I think that with minor variations describes half of the NFC currently.  I know the Eagles are definitely a team that doesn't belong anywhere near the playoffs this year

Remember, everyone ...

A) You could be a Lions fan, like me
B) You all have either won a Super Bowl in your lifetime, or at least have been to one
C) So stop whining
D) Because I don't want to hear it

LOL

Happy holidays!

RJ

(11-29-2021, 05:38 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Remember, everyone ...

A) You could be a Lions fan, like me
B) You all have either won a Super Bowl in your lifetime, or at least have been to one
C) So stop whining
D) Because I don't want to hear it

LOL

Happy holidays!

RJ
At least the Lions are likely to get the top draft pick - most of the rest of the NFC is fighting to lose big in the playoffs to ruin your draft pick

(11-29-2021, 06:05 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: At least the Lions are likely to get the top draft pick - most of the rest of the NFC is fighting to lose big in the playoffs to ruin your draft pick
Indeed ... of course in a year where there is no consensus #1 pick, nor a top QB.

Then again, we had Justin Herbert sitting there ripe for the picking at #3 last year and took Jeff Okudah, so I guess it really honestly doesn't matter.

Even in the drafts where we got the "best player" - Stafford, Suh, Calvin, etc. - it ultimately didn't mean squat either.

Good times. Gooooooooood times.

Y'all hijacking my sympathy post !! (Jk jk)

Anyways, I would rather be the Lions right now. It's better to have no expectations than to have expectations and fail to live up to them. As for draft pick, that Thibodeax (spelling?) kid out of Oregon looks like he'll go top-3 at worst. Maybe the Lions take Pickett at some point in the draft? Corral? Willis? The dude from Nevada? While talent might not be as deep, there's some good options still.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(11-29-2021, 06:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Then again, we had Justin Herbert sitting there ripe for the picking at #3 last year and took Jeff Okudah, so I guess it really honestly doesn't matter.
On the other hand, in 2017 I thought the Chiefs made a bizarre move in drafting the quarterback who lost to Iowa State 66-10.

That seems to have worked out for them

(11-29-2021, 07:07 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Y'all hijacking my sympathy post !! (Jk jk)

Anyways, I would rather be the Lions right now. It's better to have no expectations than to have expectations and fail to live up to them. As for draft pick, that Thibodeax (spelling?) kid out of Oregon looks like he'll go top-3 at worst. Maybe the Lions take Pickett at some point in the draft? Corral? Willis? The dude from Nevada? While talent might not be as deep, there's some good options still.
No interest in a QB named Pickett, LOL ... just bad vibes all around.

(11-30-2021, 09:42 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: On the other hand, in 2017 I thought the Chiefs made a bizarre move in drafting the quarterback who lost to Iowa State 66-10.

That seems to have worked out for them
My first product of 2017 was a Score blaster ... back in the good old days when they guaranteed a mem or auto card ... and I pulled a college jersey card of Mahomes.

I assumed he was just the latest in a long line of Texas Tech guys to put up huge numbers and wash out in the pros ... missed the boat on that one.