Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taxi! Taxi! Great Rangers Pull out of Allure Blaster

Taxi! Taxi! Great Rangers Pull out of Allure Blaster
Friends in Hockey,

A few weeks back I busted exactly one retail blaster of Allure ... 5 packs, 6 cards per, $29.99 - these are not for the faint of heart at a buck a card but are a pretty fun break.

I was fortunate enough to pull an Alexis LaFreniere RC ... and vowed to quit while I was ahead with this product (especially at the price point - thanks Panini!)

Well, the other day I was late to the party and the sharks had already cleared out the same Target, except for two blasters of Allure.

So I grabbed the one in the back and was thrilled to pull ... in the very first pack ... the "yellow taxi" prizm of the LaFreniere RC!

I love this card because of the taxi/New York angle and the fact that it's the first "color" parallel I've pulled of LaFreniere this year.

One odd note, maybe someone else has noticed this ... in my first blaster, the one per pack parallels advertised on the box were the "leopard" parallels, and in the second blaster they were the "yellow taxi" parallels.

Same exact store, same format, bought about a month apart ... ?

RE: Taxi! Taxi! Great Rangers Pull out of Allure Blaster
(11-15-2021, 04:05 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Friends in Hockey,

A few weeks back I busted exactly one retail blaster of Allure ... five packs, four cards per, $29.99 - these are not for the faint of heart but are a pretty fun break.

I was fortunate enough to pull an Alexis LaFreniere RC ... and vowed to quit while I was ahead with this product (especially at the price point - thanks Panini!)

Well, the other day I was late to the party and the sharks had already cleared out the same Target, except for two blasters of Allure.

So I grabbed the one in the back and was thrilled to pull ... in the very first pack ... the "yellow taxi" prizm of the LaFreniere RC!

I love this card because of the taxi/New York angle and the fact that it's the first "color" parallel I've pulled of LaFreniere this year.

One odd note, maybe someone else has noticed this ... in my first blaster, the one per pack parallels advertised on the box were the "leopard" parallels, and in the second blaster they were the "yellow taxi" parallels.

Same exact store, same format, bought about a month apart ... ?

Nice pull!!

I've had luck with Lafreniere out of that product, too. Not as much as others, but some... lol

The Leopard was the 'Target exclusive' and the Yellow Taxi is the 'Retail exclusive'. Don't know if that means Leopard is 'sold out' or not, but I had the same thing happen last week. My first 2 blasters like a month or two ago were Leopard and last week was Yellow Taxi.
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

(11-15-2021, 04:38 PM)fred bear Wrote: Nice pull!!

I've had luck with Lafreniere out of that product, too. Not as much as others, but some... lol

The Leopard was the 'Target exclusive' and the Yellow Taxi is the 'Retail exclusive'. Don't know if that means Leopard is 'sold out' or not, but I had the same thing happen last week. My first 2 blasters like a month or two ago were Leopard and last week was Yellow Taxi.
Weird! Thanks for the info.

They have three different versions from blasters that I have seen- Leopard in orange (Target), Leopard in black and white (Wal-Mart), and Yellow Taxi (also from Wal-Mart)

the Yellow Taxi are by far the best looking of the retail parallels

(11-23-2021, 02:10 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: They have three different versions from blasters that I have seen- Leopard in orange (Target), Leopard in black and white (Wal-Mart), and Yellow Taxi (also from Wal-Mart)

the Yellow Taxi are by far the best looking of the retail parallels
And I got my yellow taxi LaFreniere from Target, LOL

Who the hell knows anymore ... I just appreciate the New York-taxi connection.

(11-23-2021, 03:42 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: And I got my yellow taxi LaFreniere from Target, LOL

Who the hell knows anymore ... I just appreciate the New York-taxi connection.
I misstated in my previous post - the yellow taxis I got were from Target, not Wal-Mart

(11-23-2021, 03:45 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I misstated in my previous post - the yellow taxis I got were from Target, not Wal-Mart
Noted and forgiven, LOL

(11-23-2021, 03:48 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Noted and forgiven, LOL
I like the Taxi ones because they look kind of like Gold.

(11-23-2021, 03:54 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I like the Taxi ones because they look kind of like Gold.
That's what I thought at first, because I pulled it in the first pack of the second blaster I opened. I was like, "please let this be numbered to 10" or whatever. 

I wasn't thinking it was a regular parallel because it wasn't one of the the orange leopard cards that I pulled in my first blaster about a month earlier.

Once I realized the LaFreniere was the yellow taxi I checked the box and it said those were the standard inserted parallels.

Either way I was still very happy with it.