`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracker Barrel, Really?

Cracker Barrel, Really?
In the last couple of years we have hardly seen product because of the ahole retail sharks.  And because of them Panini and Topps have jacked up their prices.  Earlier this year I heard about Barnes & Noble selling cards.  Now I recently saw a video on YouTube of a guys traverses to the regular stores.  But then he went to a Cracker Barrel where they had Optic Basketball blasters (2 per person).  Seems like they have pumped up the prices and the production.  However QC has gone in the wrong direction.  Lot of negative comments about centering, etc. especially with Optic.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Cracker Barrel, Really?
(11-11-2021, 06:51 PM)dogger99 Wrote: In the last couple of years we have hardly seen product because of the ahole retail sharks.  And because of them Panini and Topps have jacked up their prices.  Earlier this year I heard about Barnes & Noble selling cards.  Now I recently saw a video on YouTube of a guys traverses to the regular stores.  But then he went to a Cracker Barrel where they had Optic Basketball blasters (2 per person).  Seems like they have pumped up the prices and the production.  However QC has gone in the wrong direction.  Lot of negative comments about centering, etc. especially with Optic.
That's classic!

The Targets in my area have started stocking cards again, and the DBN lines are back.

The weird - good - thing is that they seem to be being more selective.

Last night on the way to pick up my kid from practice, I stopped in to one of the Targets and there was a DBN line, so I left.

This morning I went back and there were still plenty of fat packs of Absolute football, so I grabbed four.

I got the main RC I was looking for - Levi Onwuzurike in a Lions uni - as well as St. Brown, Chase, Wilson, Pitts and Mac Jones.

I also pulled the Stafford base and a green parallel JJ Watt for my "players in new unis" PC.

Last night, the other Target in town had four fat packs of Donruss football - my first Donruss packs of any kind in over a year - and I pulled the Rated Rookies of Lawrence and Chase, not to mention several variations and the Goff and Stafford base cards, so between those eight total packs I felt pretty good about it.

I guess as long as the sharks leave something for me to bust I can live with it, even if I have no shot at any products like Prizm or any good formats like the megas.

Next thing you know, regular grocery stores will start carrying them. Followed by hot dog cart vendors. Followed by players getting their own websites and selling their cards direct from those. Siiiiigh.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(11-12-2021, 03:18 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Next thing you know, regular grocery stores will start carrying them. Followed by hot dog cart vendors. Followed by players getting their own websites and selling their cards direct from those. Siiiiigh.
Leaf is already sort of doing that with its "amateur rookie cards" ... assuming Detroit keeps the #1 pick and doesn't screw it up, I ordered a Kayvon Thibodeaux "ARC" for about $12 shipped in anticipation of it being a PC card, LOL.

They're really nice cards, thick and glossy on the Pro Set design.

(11-12-2021, 03:18 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Next thing you know, regular grocery stores will start carrying them. Followed by hot dog cart vendors. Followed by players getting their own websites and selling their cards direct from those. Siiiiigh.
Thats the funny thing is that in 1994-95 grocery stores did carry them. I would always go to kroger with my mom and grab packs. Boxes were available too but my mom wouldnt buy / couldnt afford them.
~ \\ * Collecting Jeff George * // ~