Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING OF STOLEN LEBRON JAMES 2003-04 CHROME CARD

WARNING OF STOLEN LEBRON JAMES 2003-04 CHROME CARD
Hello Fellow Card Collectors,
I'd like to warn potential buyers of a 'stolen' basketball card.
Earlier this year I sent a 2003-04 Topps Chrome Lebron James rookie card # 111, BGS 9.5 (2 x 10 incl centering & 2 x 9.5 subs) to a respected US auction house.
The card sold, payment was made to the auction house who then shipped the card to the highest bidder.
Unfortunately the bidder used a stolen credit card to pay for it.
The BGS Serial Number is 0010501751.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY OR BID ON IT.
Contact me or law enforcement if you see it for sale.
Thank you.

RE: WARNING OF STOLEN LEBRON JAMES 2003-04 CHROME CARD
Sorry to hear that ... you could also try letting eBay and Sports Card Forum know if you haven't already.

It's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to try.

That's a pretty high profile/valuable card, it won't be hard to spot.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. There are many forums in the Philippines and also a few in Singapore that i am a member of. I know its a long shot to find your card but if you dont mind i can post this article on our local forums.

What auction house was it?

Why aren't they making billing match the shipping for such an expensive card?

(01-17-2022, 12:06 AM)ashlandmark Wrote: What auction house was it?

Why aren't they making billing match the shipping for such an expensive card?

A response that Goldin Auctions provided over on BO to this same post that was made over there back when OP first made it.

I wanted to provide an update to the thread. We are disappointed a consignor who was paid in full for this card would not only post about, but spread misinformation about someone using a stolen credit card (which is not the case).

I want to confirm that the LeBron Card in question was purchased from Goldin. After the purchase, the buyer claimed the card was not authentic and the issue was investigated on our end thoroughly and this was proven to be a false claim. The purchaser issued a chargeback but refused to supply any information as to why nor return the card to us in a clear attempt to defraud and steal the item. We have reported the card stolen to Beckett to flag the cert number and we have paid out the seller in full and our handling the purchaser with our attorneys and police in the areas. We take this situation serious and our sellers will always be taken care of, which is the reason to sell at an auction house that has a good reputation and stands behinds its consignors. We are handling the issue with the purchaser and the authorities directly. This issue has zero to do with the OP who as stated was paid on full for his card.

Thanks, ricelynnevans

What is "BO?"

Go Red Sox!

Now I'm worried. I just received a good size collection of 1969-70 Basketball cards including the full set of 1969 with many extra cards of which 5 are Lew Alcindor #25. Only one Wilt Chamberlain #1's though, darn it. I am debating getting these, along with many baseball and football cards from the 60's, graded but am not sure if I should sell the raw cards or not. These cards are all from an estate from one of my best friends who died recently unexpectedly, and his wife, my wifes best friend, wanted me to have the cards since I buy and sell cards online and am a collector. My questions are two-fold: Should I get the cards graded, and can anyone recommend an auction company dealing with high end cards? Thank you in advance for your help, Wayne.