Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Newest Trend in Hobby Dooshery: Not Completing eBay Sales

The Newest Trend in Hobby Dooshery: Not Completing eBay Sales
Friends in football,

So I found a cool Mosaic triple card of Stafford, Calvin and Barry for my Lions PC on the bay ... won it for cheap and paid right away.

There are not many cards of all three together that I'm aware of, so I was very excited for this PC add.

Then I get a note from the seller that he "already sold it to someone else and re-listed it by accident."

Ooooookaaaay.

Seeing as how this was the second time it had happened to me in a week (two different sellers) after, well, zero times happening in, I don't know, 23 years on eBay, I simply replied, "Wow, lame. Refund."

And then he proceeded to mock me for "overpaying" for a card that I will never receive due to his incompetence.

So I told him I would let feedback take care of it and also reported him to the Bay.

So I guess that's the new model - hoard cards ... re-sell to try to recoup your losses ... when you don't re-coup your losses you just say you don't have the card ... and then when someone calls you on it, mock them.

Got it. Good times.

This was also after giving a "new seller" a chance last month on a different sale and never receiving my card nor any communication whatsoever after three weeks.

Memo to eBay seller dooshes ... slow down ... take your time ... be self-aware.

You are not going to re-coup your losses, especially during the Great Doosh Bubble.

Be prepared to get underwhelming prices for your stuff because you and every doosh are trying to sell the same new crap, which has always been and will always be relatively worthless.

RE: The Newest Trend in Hobby Dooshery: Not Completing eBay Sales
And he can keep "relisting" by accident until he gets the price he wants - with the added bonus of being able to insult people who are just trying to purchase items from him.

And good luck buying any sort of high end card on the secondary market - they are now even making fake "graded" slabs and copying Panin's certification- and it's at the point where I'm seriously considering selling my Mahomes autos (all pulled directly from boxes sealed by Panini or Sage) before there are more fake Mahomes autograph cards than real ones - if you liked "trimmed" cards, how about totally counterfeit fake cards!

I used to consider football cards to be a nice escape from the real world - but instead they have become the real world.

(09-29-2021, 01:15 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: And he can keep "relisting" by accident until he gets the price he wants - with the added bonus of being able to insult people who are just trying to purchase items from him.

And good luck buying any sort of high end card on the secondary market - they are now even making fake "graded" slabs  and copying Panin's certification- and it's at the point where I'm seriously considering selling my Mahomes autos (all pulled directly from boxes sealed by Panini or Sage) before there are more fake Mahomes autograph cards than real ones - if you liked "trimmed" cards, how about totally counterfeit fake cards!

I used to consider football cards to be a nice escape from the real world - but instead they have become the real world.
I mean, it's the third time a seller "hasn't been able" to complete a sale in less than a month.

One out of the three guys I'll excuse, because he replaced a 38-cent (!) Griffey Jr. card with about $15-20 in book value, including a Trout Topps Chrome insert I didn't have.

The other one wouldn't send me an 87-cent Hoops Premium Stock Kevin Durant card (first Nets uni) nor reply to any messages after three weeks, and then there was this most recent guy.

Anyway, my patience is getting shorter with people ... not being a doosh should be one of the first things you tell yourself when your feet hit the floor in the morning.

It should be like this:

1) Thank you, Lord, for another day!
2) I'm going to do my absolute best not to be a doosh

And then go from there ...

I have resisted listing sales on eBay for years even though I needed the cash during unemployment. Things like this make me feel good about my decision.

(09-29-2021, 07:32 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have resisted listing sales on eBay for years even though I needed the cash during unemployment.  Things like this make me feel good about my decision.
To be fair to all the upstanding buyers and sellers on the bay, I have nearly 800 smooth transactions with no issues whatsoever, so in context, by and large most people are honest and reputable.

Three non-completed sales in the last month is a little disheartening, though, especially given the overall climate of the hobby as of late.

Best case scenario, if they really were honest mistakes, then damn … slow down a little bit, make sure you - gasp - actually have the card in stock that you’re selling, and go from there.

You would actually make a great seller on eBay … you’re honest, generous and ship great cards quickly and safely … can’t really do it better than that!

(09-30-2021, 12:07 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: To be fair to all the upstanding buyers and sellers on the bay, I have nearly 800 smooth transactions with no issues whatsoever, so in context, by and large most people are honest and reputable.

Three non-completed sales in the last month is a little disheartening, though, especially given the overall climate of the hobby as of late.

Best case scenario, if they really were honest mistakes, then damn … slow down a little bit, make sure you - gasp - actually have the card in stock that you’re selling, and go from there.

You would actually make a great seller on eBay … you’re honest, generous and ship great cards quickly and safely … can’t really do it better than that!
Thanks!  I worry about the buyer claiming it came damaged or not what they purchased.

(10-02-2021, 09:19 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Thanks!  I worry about the buyer claiming it came damaged or not what they purchased.
I wouldn't put it below anyone.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(10-02-2021, 09:51 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I wouldn't put it below anyone.
Oh, yeah, that’s why I’ve quit selling … maybe once the Doosh Bubble ends I might get back into it, but 3 non-completed sales in a month tells me it’s far from over.

I love the fact that this guy acted like this right before the Rams got flattened by Arizona. Which means that he probably missed selling it when Stafford was at peak speculation value - LOL!

(10-04-2021, 01:00 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I love the fact that this guy acted like this right before the Rams got flattened by Arizona.  Which means that he probably missed selling it when Stafford was at peak speculation value - LOL!
The funny thing is, I liked the card so much I went and found another one for about half of what I paid this guy.

Got it today, beautiful card, one of my instant favorites of my three all-time favorite Lions.

As for the doosh, after my 7-day "waiting period," I was finally allowed to give negative feedback and I think I used up all but one or two of the 500 characters.

Too bad, I don't like doing that stuff, but other dooshery (like shipping cards without a toploader or penny sleeve) is also becoming so common that I don't hold back on feedback.

Even if I receive the card without issue, I'll still leave positive feedback but say something like "next time please put card in a toploader or rigid sleeve" so that other people know what they're getting into.

It's not my job to make life easier for doosh sellers. It's not my problem they can't or don't want to do things the right way. 

If he would have just left it alone when I told him that the relisting and refund was lame, worst case scenario I would have given no feedback at all.

Literally, all I said was, "Wow, lame. Refund."

And then it escalated from there.

Then again, browsing through his feedback there were at least three other instances of likely shenanigans recently, so, whatever.

Of course, I'm just waiting for the retaliatory feedback - I've never had a negative as a buyer or seller in nearly 800 transactions - and if/when that happens, I will just report him again.

I'm SO over the doosh bags that have ruined this hobby for the rest of us.

I could not care less about trying to understand or work around their doosh ways.

I don't have to, so I won't.