`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Bowman Chrome release

2021 Bowman Chrome release
Does anybody know which 5 prospects are a 'must find'?  Just hope for '1st Bowman' cards?

RE: 2021 Bowman Chrome release
Im going to guess Shalin Polanco from Pittsburgh and Luis Rodriguez from the Dodgers based on them being pictured in the recent Beckett article, but Im really not sure. It almost seems like any "1st Bowman" card could end up being the golden ticket though.

True. Any player can be a bust or breakout performer, but every Bowman release seems to have some guys that start out much higher value than the others. Aaron Sabato of the Twins was highlighted on 2021 Bowman but his values keep dropping since.

His values have dropped because of his performance. (.202 average this year). That happens to some highly touted prospects who have slow starts. Especially 22 year olds underperforming in low A (he hit .196 in low A, but .253 once promoted to high A).

As for Bowman Chrome, the majority of that set's 1st bowmans are focused on international prospects. Which are even more of a gamble than most releases because of how young some of them are. I have a couple I'm keeping my eye on to see if I can get them cheap, but overall, none of these are top draft picks from the draft. That's not to say there isn't a ton of potential here, just that there are fewer of the "household names" of other Bowman releases. So you have to dig deeper to find the prospects you like.

After selling a bunch of my collection while unemployed, I used the proceeds to buy 5 hobby boxes back in June and broke them open tonight.

I got a Gold auto, Purple auto, Refractor auto, Orange insert, Gold prospect, and a shimmer of Polanco. Overall, very pleased by the specific dupes and number of 1st Bowman cards.

(09-21-2021, 08:38 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: After selling a bunch of my collection while unemployed, I used the proceeds to buy 5 hobby boxes back in June and broke them open tonight.

I got a Gold auto, Purple auto, Refractor auto, Orange insert, Gold prospect, and a shimmer of Polanco.  Overall, very pleased by the specific dupes and number of 1st Bowman cards.
Nice! A box is soon going to be a birthday present to myself!

Happy Birthday! One of the 10 autos is a Twins prospect, and only two of the 10 are pitchers, which is what I was hoping. Two years ago I busted product that had 8 pitcher autos out of the 12 total...and only 1 became a starter.

Pitcher autos are annoying, so Im thinking you did quite well!

I’ve been watching these breaks fill instantly on so many different pages, it’s pretty insane.

Christian Hernandez is the huge one.  Other big names are Pedro Leon, Liover Peguero, Carlos Colmenarez, Yiddi Cappe, Luis Rodriguez, Shalin Polanco, and I am sure I am leaving some out.  I have been chasing Colmenarez and am now broke with bupkus to show for it.  Talk about a tough hit!