Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020-21 Select Basketball
Smile 
2020-21 Select Basketball
I bought a mega box of these last week despite the fact that I don't collect much basketball - so this may be a dumb question. Besides the fact that there are so many parallels that are hard to distinguish (some have prizm on the card, some don't) - what I do not understand according to Beckett is that there are no "rookie cards" in this set? Despite the fact that some cards actually have RC on them, Beckett does not designate any of them to be RC. So I thought perhaps that this was the case with Select but I noticed that 2019-20 contained RC designations (#1 Zion for example) so I am thoroughly confused. Any insight from more experienced basketball collectors would be appreciated. Thanks.

RE: 2020-21 Select Basketball
(09-10-2021, 04:58 PM)patkelly23 Wrote: I bought a mega box of these last week despite the fact that I don't collect much basketball - so this may be a dumb question. Besides the fact that there are so many parallels that are hard to distinguish (some have prizm on the card, some don't) - what I do not understand according to Beckett is that there are no "rookie cards" in this set? Despite the fact that some cards actually have RC on them, Beckett does not designate any of them to be RC. So I thought perhaps that this was the case with Select but I noticed that 2019-20 contained RC designations (#1 Zion for example) so I am thoroughly confused. Any insight from more experienced basketball collectors would be appreciated. Thanks.
Beckett oversight. I just sent an email. They'll fix it eventually. Just know they are rookies.

RE: 2020-21 Select Basketball
(09-10-2021, 10:40 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: Beckett oversight. I just sent an email. They'll fix it eventually. Just know they are rookies.
Thanks.