`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would appreciate some opinions / input

Would appreciate some opinions / input
In terms of how a player is pictured on a card, how do we feel about depicted in college jerseys versus pro jerseys? What if the player has changed teams? Does showing the old team make it less interesting? Is a college uni better than the old NFL team?

I've always been fine with a college picture, because the player will ALWAYS be n alumnus of that college. If they went to PITT, they'll always have gone to PITT. But they could get drafted by one team and end up in 4 different cities over their career.

Recently I've heard people are less interested in "Draft Picks" products.

As said, love to hear some opinions.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: Would appreciate some opinions / input
My hierarchy of interest:

1. Full on pro uniform and logos
2. Rookie premiere or training camp shots
3. College photo with NFL logos
4. College photo with college logo

As for guys who change teams, I suppose it depends.

For a guy like Drew Brees, I don't mind his college uniform cause it looks similar to a Saints jersey, though I still prefer the Chargers logo and mention on the back to being drafted and whatnot. A guy like Cris Carter it's weird to see him in an Eagles jersey when he made his HOF career with the Vikings. I've always liked the Curtis Martin Upper Deck rookie though it's a college uniform but it references the Patriots.

Ultimately, I like NFL products that reference the player getting drafted and their pro team, even if they live the vagabond life. They'll always have been drafted by that team and outside of your Eli Mannings and Philip Rivers, at least for a couple years that player was highly regarded by the drafting team.

I am definitely biased here, as I am trying to obtain a great collection of Justin Fields rookie cards. I love the Ohio State uni's, but also seeing those Gold Standard cards with him in the Orange Bears uni is amazing. I think it all depends on the player you are collecting. As I stated, I am biased. I followed Justin throughout his college career and now in the NFL and could care less which uni he is wearing, if I can pull a numbered or auto from a pack.

Personally, as a Panthers fan, I prefer NFL unis. I PC college cards (Pitt in Pitt uni, for example) if the player ever played for the Panthers/signed by them. That's why I've got a Fred Ross MSU card in my Panthers PC.

I don't mind college jerseys if I know it's a college product, that is, anything with "Draft Picks." However, I'd much rather have an NFL/RPA/even mesh practice jersey over that for a team PC.

Can we all agree tho, that combine spandex needs to be never on a card again?
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

College or Pro uniforms in game shots are fine. I do not like rookie combine photos - those are UGLY.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Combine photos should be banned lol. And depends on the player for me. I like the branded Badger cards, but not for players from other schools. I prefer cards from the current team as well.