`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top loaders or use something else

Top loaders or use something else
Since coming back to collecting I'm shocked at the price of top loaders. Does everyone still use them or has it went to something else? Best place to buy top loaders? Also with all the patch cards what size do i need to get for those. TIA

RE: Top loaders or use something else
I use this for estimating toploaders for thicker cards.  https://www.bcwsupplies.com/pub/download...-2018A.pdf

It's been a while since I've had to buy more, so I'm not much help in that respect.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

I think top loaders are still the most economical (and safe) protection for cards.  Especially when shipping.  That is my preference, anyway.

Hard plastic multi-card cases are good when shipping 10 or more cards.  Sometimes I will ship 7 or eight in a 10 ct case with something to fill the space.  You can also use thick-point top loaders for multiple cards.  I would always use penny sleeves on all individual cards before inserting them into a top loader.

I have a fairly large stash of top loaders I have saved from previous trades.  As long as they are not nasty with scotch tape goobers or scratches, I prefer to reuse clean/used top loaders for trades.

Did you see that Beckett has come out with their own toploader version? I would be curious to hear or see their quality.

(08-02-2021, 12:47 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Did you see that Beckett has come out with their own toploader version?  I would be curious to hear or see their quality.
I have just seen sleeves and bags.  I purchased a pack of their team bags.  They are nice, but nothing extraordinary, that I could tell.

Have you seen Beckett top loaders or just their hard plastic sleeves?  I don't like those, personally.

I have not seen Beckett Toploaders - I have seen the hard plastic sleeves at the LCS - but personally, I hold out for him to get Ultra Pro top loaders (fortunately, the LCS near my house isn't price gouging on them although there is a two 25 pack limit and you generally have to get in right after they get a shipment)

If I see Becket ones, I'd probably try them out if they were less than the Ulta Pro - if they were the same price, I'd probably just stick with the tried and true

Beckett calls them cases, not toploaders.

(08-02-2021, 06:21 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Beckett calls them cases, not toploaders.
From what I have seen beckett only has semi rigid top leaders not regular top loaders. Wish they would call them the same thing everyone else does. I have seen BCW top leaders on ebay for prices close to what they used to be . So maybe they are starting to back on track.