`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions about Boxes/Packs after you open

Opinions about Boxes/Packs after you open
Does anyone see any point in saving boxes or packs after you open them?
I have various boxes and packs from 1994-2020 Bowman's Best (I've opened and its the left overs) some years have players on them, some years have a card glued to the front. Some years have the name and the year with no pictures of any players.  

Any thoughts?
- - - - - - - -
As for my wife, my children & myself our hero is Jesus Christ.
Bowman's Best Project (6/1/23)
Cards Have/Total Cards: 3992/19,873 (20.1%) 
Value Have/Total Value: $20,838/$455,802 (4.6%)

RE: Opinions about Boxes/Packs after you open
Ever watch 'Hoarders'? LOL

Kidding aside, I see no monetary value there but maybe sentimental...

People do collect open empty boxes and packs. I typed in ebay :baseball open empty boxes packs. There is some value. I guess.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I reuse old packs as packing material for trades. Blasters tend to get recycled but hobby boxes I hold onto if there's players or interesting stuff going on. 2000 Playoff Absolute had an actual hinged hobby box with sturdy cardboard, that's super handy as a mini shoe box. I've been kicking around reusing some 2015 Panini Clear Vision as a custom acetate card, motivation has been minimal since for football it's Jameis Winston on the front.

I hang onto a copy of each if I can, just for the sentimental/aesthetic value. Plus, when you've got a bunch of blasters on display, opened or not, they look pretty cool.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

I often will use empty blasters or hobby boxes to hold cards in toploaders - some can even hold graded cards quite effectively

The ones that can't be used for storage generally go into the recycling bin

I save one pack from each product I get a hold of and store them all in a box. They compress down pretty good so it doesn't take up much space. Any boxes that have players depicted on, I cut into custom blank-backed cards and discard the rest of the box.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Great reply's. Gives some idea's for future usage.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-01-2021, 09:34 AM)wrm1107@roadrunner.co Wrote: I have various boxes and packs from 1994-2020 Bowman's Best (I've opened and its the left overs) some years have players on them, some years have a card glued to the front. Some years have the name and the year with no pictures of any players.  
How are you currently storing them? Just curious. Personally I used to do what Zeprock does and keep one or two wrappers after opening a pack. Somewhere along the line I stopped, but will probably pick it back up!

Also, how did you get started doing that? I started keeping wrappers / parts of boxes when I encountered an unopened pack of 1990 Upper Deck and it was like a wormhole to the past.

(08-03-2021, 03:23 PM)zeprock Wrote: I save one pack from each product I get a hold of and store them all in a box. They compress down pretty good so it doesn't take up much space. Any boxes that have players depicted on, I cut into custom blank-backed cards and discard the rest of the box.
Nice! Do you display them?