Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps 2021 206 - Waves 1 & 2 -Revised w Scans

Topps 2021 206 - Waves 1 & 2 -Revised w Scans
Will get pictures / scans tomorrow if my daughter can help her moron father:

Finally decided that I was going to attempt completing the 2021 (T) base 206 set.  Since there are 10 waves (series) in the set and seeing that the 10th wave will not be completed and sent out until probably January 2022, aside from Topps Chrome and Update, individual singles and participating in occasional breaks will rule the day for me the rest of 2021.  I really love mini's  so this set is for me!   I will not be updating my org until after receiving wave 3 for trading / selling.  My HOFer dups will be held for a specific trader but I will post a trade update when available.  All "purchases" from the Topps site.  Here goes:

Wave 1 - purchased 10 boxes / packs of 10 cards:
Base - RC's - Bohm (2), Madrigal (3), Mountcastle (4).  
Parallels - 20 2 per pack:
Piedmont Backs- 15 - important to me - Bohm RC

Sweet Corporal Backs - 3 - Trout, Bryant, Moran (Pirates)
Carolina Brights Backs - 1 - Fried
Sovereign Backs - 1 - Stargell

Wave 2 - purchased 10 boxes / packs of 10 cards:
Extra Auto - Chipper Jones (base) - AWESOME!!!

Base  - RC  - Baddoo, Dalbec, Carlson, Chisholm (2)
Parallels - 20 2 per pack:
Piedmont Backs- 12 - Dalbec RC
Sweet Corporal Backs - 4 - Carlson (RC), Baddoo (RC), Story, Gregorius
Lenox Backs - 1 - Fiers - this is a # to 10
American Beauty Backs -1 - Rendon
Sovereign Backs - 2 - Lewis, Escobar

Wave 2 in total had only about 1/2 total packs sold as Wave 1 - therefore more non-Predmont paralles distributed in wave 2

So far waves 1 & 2 have been A++.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: Topps 2021 206 - Waves 1 & 2
Good stuff! Congrats on the auto!

I have also been buying 10 boxes per wave and will be doing the set. However my Wave 2 boxes were duds. Not only did I barely get any non-Piedmont parallels but I got a bunch of boxes with the exact same players in them (and they were not any of the big names). I buy 10 boxes in hopes of doing the set, but I know for Wave 2 I am a ways off due to the amount of duplicates of the same cards. I think I got 5 or 6 Rocco Baldelli base cards from 10 boxes and I am missing a lot of the bigger names like Acuna. I would love to trade if you need help with your set.
Also, if you get any parallels of Ivan Rodriguez (from Wave 3) or Gary Carter (assuming he gets in a later wave) please keep me in mind.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-29-2021, 10:04 AM)djohn Wrote: I have also been buying 10 boxes per wave and will be doing the set.  However my Wave 2 boxes were duds.  Not only did I barely get any non-Piedmont parallels but I got a bunch of boxes with the exact same players in them (and they were not any of the big names).  I buy 10 boxes in hopes of doing the set, but I know for Wave 2 I am a ways off due to the amount of duplicates of the same cards.  I think I got 5 or 6 Rocco Baldelli base cards from 10 boxes and I am missing a lot of the bigger names like Acuna.  I would love to trade if you need help with your set.
Also, if you get any parallels of Ivan Rodriguez (from Wave 3) or Gary Carter (assuming he gets in a later wave) please keep me in mind.
Hey, sorry to hear that your wave 2 "break" included many dups.  I'll keep you in mind for your players mentioned and will try to help with your set completion. I am always afraid of collation issues with Topps.   Good luck!   Again - I really love this set.  Did not do 2020 except for the last wave for the prospect cards - lucky that I hit what I was hoping for - 3 packs and done!

great hits!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Good luck on the quest! Keep me in mind for your Keplers (and a base Trout).
Kepler

(06-30-2021, 11:06 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Good luck on the quest! Keep me in mind for your Keplers (and a base Trout).
Hey Jared - thanks!  Only "pulled" one Trout base from wave 1.  Will do re Keplers.