Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the bubble burst?

RE: Has the bubble burst?
In simple terms NO.

What we are seeing now is simply a well over due correction. When/If they go on strike going into next season that is when the bubble will burst. So if you can pick up 1 or 2 decent cards during the correction period by all means do so. But the big ones like Acuna Bat Down, Trout Update, Ohtani low $'d RC logo, Soto low # RC logo stuff I'd wait because the prices will plummet if the strike does indeed happen.

RE: Has the bubble burst?
(07-11-2021, 04:57 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: In simple terms NO.

What we are seeing now is simply a well over due correction. When/If they go on strike going into next season that is when the bubble will burst. So if you can pick up 1 or 2 decent cards during the correction period by all means do so. But the big ones like Acuna Bat Down, Trout Update, Ohtani low $'d RC logo, Soto low # RC logo stuff I'd wait because the prices will plummet if the strike does indeed happen.
Agreed, for the most part ... correction for certain, perhaps a little bubble bursting on some players that ‘showed up big-time” during the short 2020 season. For the most part, none of the 2020 standouts sustained the intensity for 2021 and we’re only at the all star break. Tiny bubbles perhaps, but about a 10% correction to my collection.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.