`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Remembers the Drama of the 2010 Strasburg Superfractor?

Who Remembers the Drama of the 2010 Strasburg Superfractor?
I randomly think of this card occasionally.  The guy who pulled it sold it for just north of $16,000 and that was unheard of at the time for an unproven player and a card that was not even autographed.  I feel like this is child's play compared to the past years sales.

Then the guy who won it had it graded by BGS and then sold it for about $21,000 because he received a number of negative messages and threats from people.  Imagine being someone who insults people and even threatens them over what is supposed to be a hobby?

https://blogbeckett.wordpress.com/2010/0...erfractor/

https://blogbeckett.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/olds/

RE: Who Remembers the Drama of the 2010 Strasburg Superfractor?
This was 1 year after rejoining collecting at which time I add 0 cards and had absolutely no idea what a superfractor was. My only concern was pulling the # to 2011 golds - WOW - and playing the "cards you mom threw out" game. You want to pay me $30 for a shinny card or a bobo blue walmart card by some guy named Trout who had hit .220 - your a sucker and a moron! Really didn't pay attention to negative stories.

Post-script - did keep 2 base Trout RC's in my 2011 Topps Series 1 - through update sets.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I remember all that. The first crazy expensive modern card I can think of. I wonder what you could get for it today. Seemed so ridiculous at the time to me and still is but now you got people paying even crazier prices for a regular graded Trout.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

I remember. My friend told me he was a Hall of Famer even before he pitched in a MLB game.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel